The Day Has Arrived

Rhys had been waiting for this day for his entire existence. He was meeting his Dominant for the first time. There was a week until he was 21. This is the best day in many young Pandorians' lives, was today. The Twin Flame assignment. He would get a week trial period to get to know his hopefully soulmate. He was a little worried because he was a little sassy and had a smart-ass mouth. That mouth of his had definitely gotten him into more situations than it has gotten him out of.

Rhys is a healthy Bengal hybrid. A gorgeous brown-black speckled tail with a white tip swished back and forth behind him. He was lightly tanned. Two white-black speckled ears were nested ever so perfectly in his auburn brown/reddish hair. He had one mechanical arm and the other was the arm he was born with.

Rhys looked into the mirror for the seventh time. Vaughn had let out a loud sigh as Rhys played with his hair.

"You're a dork. Your Dominant is going to love you no matter what. I mean I adore you and I'm not even your perfect match." Vaughn assured the sub before him.

Vaughn was Rhys's best friend. They grew up together, Vaughn was only 4 years older than he was, but the age gap never really came between them. Their mothers knew each other from work and the two learned to do pretty much everything together. A lot of people who met Vaughn would assume he was a sub. But as his birth and his secret personality showed, he was definitely a Dominant. Rhys saw how he was with his Submissive. He was harsh but within reason. Vaughn cared for his sub and only pushed to pre-set boundaries.

Rhys was also kind of friends with Vaughn's sub, Hugo Vasquez. He merely went by his last name, per his request. Rhys had known Vasquez for around 2 years now. Vaughn had met him when he was 23, he had to give up on a bad pair at the age of 21, she was rude to his friends and family even after being told to knock it off. And nothing comes in between Vaughn and his family. Vasquez was a high-maintenance sub while Vaughn was pretty low-maintenance. Vasquez was a taller man and on the muscular side, while Vaughn was lanky and thin with lean muscle packed in there. They were an odd pair but Rhys only judged a little.

His fingers played with the ends of the chestnut locks, twisting them. Vaughn just watched him carefully, arms crossed and body leaning against the door frame.

"Will you stop fussing? You. Look. Fine." The older of the two said, exasperated.

"I won't stop fussing until all of this is over. I am so freaked out right now. I'm nervous. I think I'm gonna faint." The tanned sub pouted.

"Deep breaths. You'll make it."

"What if I accidentally answer a question wrong? I'm gonna off myself." The cat boy rolled his eyes.

"Oh, will you  be quiet..." Vaughn chided him. "Just go to the office, take your test to the best of your abilities and then take the hour or so for a match. Take your vape with you, it'll ease your mind, plus they'll send a message to your echo when your results are in. Now get." He said with finality as he kicked Rhy's ankle gentle to get him going.  Rhys gave a small playful hiss in response.

-

Rhys arrived at the tall building, kind of astonished by the not-so-subtle pink glow emanating from the windows. It looked more like a love hotel than a corporate building to find your soulmate, but who knows? Maybe it's both.

He walked in the rotating door, focusing a little too hard on not getting stuck in the door. He made it out in one piece and walked up to the teller.

"Hello, I'm here for my appointment. My name is Rhys Little." He started but before he could finish he was handed a bright orange file with a lot of paperwork in it.