e i g h t ; stupid plans

E I G H T ; STUPID PLANS

Okay, so maybe she was definitely being unreasonable. Maybe ignoring the countless texts and calls she received from her only friends was a bit childish. Maybe avoiding them at all costs was ridiculous. But Romina wouldn't admit to that.

Hanging out with her brother wasn't helping the situation, either. Every few minutes he seemed to feel the need to remind her that ignoring her actual friends probably wasn't the best idea. This usually resulted in her ignoring his comment and then annoying him to no end. (No, he did not want to show her how this video game worked. No, it wasn't just about pressing random buttons, there was strategy, Romina!)

When all else failed, she resorted to spending most of her days alone. She sat in different seats in every class, she sat alone at lunch, she walked home alone everyday. It was all rather... lonely. She almost considered crawling back to Peter and Gwen. Romina wasn't going to give in so easily, though.

At least, that's what she told herself.

A few days after her fallout with Peter, Romina was digging through her untidy locker; not for anything in particular. She was mainly trying to avoid Peter and Gwen's stares (she cursed whoever decided to put her own locker between theirs). She didn't have to hide for long, though.

Down the hall, there was a loud crash followed by the sound of several terrified screams. A second later, something burst through the wall (yes, the concrete wall).

"Holy shit, it is Godzilla," Romina found herself hissing in Peter's direction.

"Not Godzilla," Peter mumbled. "It's Curt Connors."

Over her head, he glanced at Gwen and instructed her to leave. He gently pushed Romina in the same direction, shouting a quick, "Go!" as she stared at him with a terrified expression.

Not really thinking much and running mostly on adrenaline, Romina did as she was told. Well, for a moment she did, anyway. As she passed a trophy case that was fastened to the wall, she came up with a plan. A very stupid plan, that is.

With a very large trophy in hand, Romina ran back down the hall to where she thought she had seen Peter and the monster disappear. She got there just in time to see the lizard-man holding Peter (who was now in his Spider-Man attire) against the window.

Holding her breath, Romina swung the trophy as hard as she could at Connors, hoping to at least catch him off-guard.

Luckily for her, he dropped Peter.

Unluckily for her, he turned his full attention to her.

Needless to say, Romina was absolutely frightened. She still held the trophy at the ready if she need to take another swing at the creature. He stared menacingly back at her.