s i x ; spandex

S I X ; SPANDEX

S I X ; SPANDEX

"Spandex?" Peter's voice nearly cracked as he said the word. The minute Romina had suggested the material to make his suit out of, his eyes went wide in shock. He looked absolutely terrified at the thought. "You want me to wear a suit made of spandex?"

Romina nodded with a smirk. Peter huffed and spun his desk chair around to look at his computer. She looked over his shoulder to see him type the word into the search engine. He groaned as he clicked through the images.

"Okay, Pete, literally no one except for me is going to know it's you. There is no reason to be embarrassed. Plus it's practical if you're going to be swinging around from webs."

Peter turned his chair back towards her. He sighed, like he was giving in. "Fine. So, are you going to help me?"

With their combined effort and minimal knowledge of sewing, the two of them got the suit done in three days. That meant that the two of them spending nearly every waking minute they weren't at school, in Peter's garage trying to to make a perfect superhero suit. Not that Romina did very much. Her sewing skills were subpar and she really had no idea what to do with the technology Peter attached to the suit. She mostly critiqued Peter's work, much to his disdain.

"How's it feel?" Romina questioned as Peter moved around with it on.

He tested the web, sending it flying into the wall right next to her head. She gave him an unimpressed look and he chuckled. "It's good. Great, actually. I hate to admit it but the spandex was a good idea, Ro."

"Of course it was," she replied, cockily. She stood from the stool she had been occupying and grabbed her bag from the floor. "Since this lovely project is finished, I really need to get home. You have no idea how far behind I am in Pre-Calc. I'll probably have to call Gw-"

"Gwen?" Peter interrupted her, looking very eager.

Romina rolled her eyes and nodded. "Look I get this whole 'I'm a love sick puppy but no one can know' thing you got going on but you don't have to do this with me. I know you like her, Pete."

Peter stammered and shook his head, vigorously. "Wha- What? I don't... I don't like Gwen. I don't."

"Hm, okay," Romina replied, patting his shoulder as she passed by, knowing full well that he was lying. "Whatever you say, Spider-Boy."

"I thought we discussed this? I hate that name!" her friend called after her as she pushed open the garage door.

"Who do you think you are, Pete? Iron Man?"

"Gwen invited me to dinner."

"Well, hello to you too," Romina mumbled. She didn't look up as she dug in her messy locker, looking for her History assignment. Not that she actually tried on the assignment. It took her all of ten minutes to bullshit the given essay.