Chapter Eight: Missing.

I didn't get five comments, but I do love all the reads I'm getting. Makes me sooooo happy. So anyways I decided I am updating again for that reason and two: My mom is having surgery tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm going to have a chance to upload then. So here you are. It's in Jamie's POV, and I kinda liked how we're getting to know him better. So There might be a couple of chapters in his point of view. So If you hate it comment, If you love it vote! Have a wonderful day/night my dears!!! XX

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The woods were completely silent. No birds were singing, No animals moving in the underbrush. I couldn't even hear any deer eating grass. I could smell her blood though. I followed it for over two miles before I came to a clearing. There were pieces of the clothing she had been wearing, snapped limbs from trees, and the ground looked trampled. I could smell a vampire and I could smell her fear. I followed the Vampire's scent to the stream where I lost it. How could this have happened? How could she have ran off and then been taken?

I wiped my hand down my face. The helpless feeling was one I couldn't deal with. I had been searching everywhere for her for the last week. It was only through this human girl named Molly that it had been suggested to check the woods behind the pack-house. She was the mate of one of our Wolves. Deciding that maybe she had some more ideas I decided to go back to the house and ask her. Shifting into my Wolf I took off the way I had came.

It had been six days ago that I had fallen down the stairs from the force of her agony. Everyday since there had been spells of pain and anguish. They would ebb, and be replaced by fear. My connection to her was becoming dulled. I was beginning to worry about our bond. I couldn't stop worrying about her though. I hadn't slept in days. Watching the sympathetic looks from everyone in our Pack had me even more on edge.

They thought she wasn't coming back. I couldn't even think what would happen if she didn't. I didn't want to think about what the dullness of our connection meant. I just couldn't think about anything but finding my Mate. It was killing me, and making me on edge. Both combined were making me hard to work with. I had triple patrols running our land, and someone always had to be near the phone. I don't know why I would think she would call. But I couldn't think of anyone else to do. A growl ripped through my body and I hung my head. I was glad wolves couldn't cry tears because if they did I would be a mess.

As I walked in the house I grabbed my Fathers arm, since he was the first person I had found. “Where is the Human Molly?” He frowned in thought.

“I last saw her in the den.” I didn't thank him, but turned toward the den and practically ran. She was sitting there on the phone. I could tell she didn't know I was behind her.

“They've been looking for her a lot.” She paused and looked at her nails. “Why are you so interested in what is going on with the Red Wolf?” She bit jealously. Her whole body tensed up. “You had something to do with her missing, didn't you?” I could hear shouting on the other end of the phone but couldn't make it out. “I don't care if the Vampire threatened you! This is wrong!” She cried out in pain and frustration. “Just come home safe okay? I love you.” She whispered. I could smell her tears, and they tickled my nose. As she hung up the phone I rounded the couch sitting on the coffee table.

She looked nervous, and cautious. I couldn't blame her. She was protecting her Mate. I wasn't above using her to get mine back though. “Where is she?” my tone was dark and it made her fidget.

“I honestly have no idea. I know Master Miles has her though.” She was giving me safe information. It wouldn't place the blame on her Mate and it would give me mine.

“Who is Master Miles?” I was losing my patience. Molly looked like she wasn't going to give me any more information. “I could kill your Mate for with-holding this information from me. So think quickly.” Her eyes went wide with fear.