The Lake, The Cabin, and Capture the Flag: Part Two

Start from the beginning

There was two of them. 

One of them was heavy one their feet, clumsy even. Constantly, I could hear them tripping over their feet. Uncoordinated.

The second one however, was the almost complete opposite. They obviously had battle training so their tracks were hard to pick up-even with my heightened senses. They were careful and meticulous. And they gave away the identity of the two people. 

The second one clearly had to be Luke, and who was eextremelyxtremly clumsy on land and was constantly around Luke when not with me? Percy. This was going to be interesting.

I let out a low, three note whistle. It was the warning sound between Annabeth and I. After I released it, I lay flat on top of the thick branch that was supporting me and opened my necklace, revealing my bow and arrows. 

Silently, I strung an arrow and waited for Luke or Percy to come in to my line of sight. They were walking side by side, and I could tell that the kids of Hephaestus had really done some work on them. Quickly, I aimed my arrow at Luke's left foot and let it fly. 

A thick thunk sound echoed through my ears and I grinned, cheekily, as Luke let out a loud curse and hopped around on his right foot-my golden arrow gleaming as he did. Suddenly, the arrow disappeared and reappeared in my sheath, magic. 

"Woah, what happened Luke?" Percy tried to steady Luke, nervously.

Luke cursed and looked up at the trees, looking for someone, for me. "I just got hit with an arrow."

"What direction?" Percy frowned and looked left and right.

"You're not going to find me on the ground, Percy." I whispered, stringing another arrow and aiming at Luke's right calf muscle and let it fly, sinking deeply into his thick armor, but by the way he began to let out a howl, I knew that I had got him.

This time however, Luke had seen where the arrow flew from. Taking a lung full of air he forced a smile on to his sweaty face. "Hidden in the Oak trees, ey?"

Percy was about to grab the arrow from Luke's calf when it disappeared and returned to my sheath.

"They have a magic item." Percy looked at my tree, and began to get closer. 

Luke scowled and chuckled at the same time. "It's Olive." He ripped his calf armor off to show his bleeding wound, it was not that deep. "Sorry, Oli-guess you didn't get me as deep as you wanted." Luke hopped up, limping a little, and made his way over to my tree.  "But, I have to admit-you have improved with your archery skills."

I let out a low chuckle, not caring if they heard me since they knew where I was now. 

"Come on, Olive. How about, you come down and we all just have a nice, civil, talk?" Luke grinned as he got to the base of the tree, now clearly seeing me, and peered up at me with a 'kind' smile.

"How about..." I grinned and aimed my loaded bow at his torso. "I send one of my arrows through the right side of your chest?"

Luke jumped on the tree trunk and tried to climb up, but his wounded foot and calf wouldn't allow it. "It's against the rules to kill someone, Oli."

"Actually," Percy's head popped up next to him, causing me to grin at the goofy kid. "The heart leans towards your left, she she would just be puncturing your lung."

Luke turned and smacked Percy upside the head with a chuckle. "Who's side are you on?" Then Luke's face got wiped clean as an idea dawned on him. "Percy, crawl up that tree and get her down."

Shrugging, Percy walked over and latched on to the tree, hauling himself up. Sighing, I rolled on to my back. "This is going to take all day. You should keep your skills water based-you are in my territory now."