xiii. drag me down

a/n:

vas happenin?

hey hi - school sucks bc i can't update as regularly as i want to and it makes me so tired - ew.

anyway, anyway

ily

-kay 

**************************************

[Harry's POV]

"Can we be confused together then?" I said with all the breath I had in my lungs because if I'd kept it in any longer I would have suffocated on the words.

She giggled.

Like that first day – when we met outside our apartments.

Also similar to the day she moved in, except this time, we were alone and she wasn't drunk.

Or acting.

It was a refreshing sound, like audible happiness.

And like that, just her presence this close to me made me feel like I was flying; a part of the sky.

[Taylor's POV]

In that moment, for some reason, I felt like I was the entire universe, I was the stars, entire galaxies; nebulae – I was colourful and spectacular – maybe he made me feel that way – like I was his universe, or maybe I was imagining things.

As the setting summer sun streamed through the slits in the half-open blinds, I found my fingers lacing between the spaces in his and then relaxing there – and it felt too natural. I couldn't remember when last I'd felt this close to someone.

I couldn't help but think this feeling belonged in a romance novel.

[Harry's POV]

I don't know how much time had passed with my arms around her, maybe minutes, hours, centuries. Time didn't seem real. 

Her long legs were draped over the armrest of my desk chair and her head rested on my chest. All I could feel was the warmth of her bare arms and the back of her hair, tickling me – but I was too blissed out to move.

As time passed, and I felt her relaxing more into my hold, something unravelled deep in my stomach and it contorted in a million different directions. It was like this unexplainable gut-wrenching feeling that wasn't anxiety.

"What d'you want for dinner?" she said, while facing away from me, looking at the carved wooden door, her voice airy and light, as if she was exhaling every word.

"Wow, way to ruin a moment," I said, surprised at how much I missed her embrace as she slipped out of my lap and floated towards the door, and I watched her back moving away from me, after having pressed against me for so long.

"That's enough cuddling for one day," she said, ducking out the door with a smile.

My fingers ran through the mess of curls that had become tangled during the course of the day and I exhaled slowly, flipping it out of my eyes and allowing my mind to relax; glad the weight on my shoulders had been lifted.

For the past while, I'd felt like Atlas – carrying the weight of the entire world on my shoulders, with my personal life becoming exponentially more complicated and the magazines publishing photos of our outings and the impending merger of the two companies, my life seemed too complicated to handle.

And the most complicated part was having feelings that weren't lust.

Feelings that made my limbs turn to jelly and my heart beat in double time and scared me senseless.