"He needed a place to stay, Jayne. What was I supposed to do? He's my brother!" Jonathan yelled back.

Enough was enough, so I lifted my head and looked passed the arm of the couch to peek in on them. "I don't know, maybe send him to Isabella's house, maybe even Storm would take him for the night," she said, her hands placed on her hips.

I scowled. "Jayne, he's my little brother. I've known him his whole life, and you want me to just make him keep walking another three miles at three in the morning?"

"You could've at least called Isabella," she muttered. I stood up and walked over to where they both stood, glaring at each other.

"Good morning, Jonathan. Nice to meet you, Jayne," I said cheerily as to hide my real emotion.

"Good morning, Perry. You sleep well?" Jayne asked intently, as if she wasn't just talking about throwing me out.

"Yeah, couch is pretty comfortable," I mumbled, patting the couch.

"Was hoping so," she said with a forced smile. She looked back at Jonathan and glared at him. "We'll talk about this later."

With that, she walked out of the room with her hands balled into fists. Jonathan looked at me and gave a nervous laugh. "What all did you hear?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck.

I shrugged and looked at the floor nonchalantly. "Most. Was listening for a good five minutes," I said.

His face grew a light shade of red. "Sorry about that. Jayne hates people spending the night. But whatever, I mean, you're my little brother. I couldn't just--"

"I love you, too," I laughed. He smiled, and his face lit up.

"Of course I do. You have no idea."

I tilted my head to the side with curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"Perry, I hated myself so much after I left. I couldn't even leave the house unless it was necessary. I didn't have a job, my own house, or even a car. I lived with Isabella for two years until I finally got myself out of there. Thing is, I loved you and mom too much to leave, but I had to for her, and especially for you," he explained.

I could see tears beginning to show out of his deep blue eyes. It was heartbreaking to see my own older brother cry, so I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"I missed you, Jonny."

*~*~*~*

"Come on, let's go!" Lidia yelled across the house. I rubbed my face as I exited the bathroom.

"What the hell are you rushing me for, woman?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"There's a fire over at Isabella's house. We need to make it by sundown, dork," she replied, giving me a playful glare.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Let me grab my sweatshirt and sweatpants and I'll meet you in the car."

She grabbed her keys off of the end table by the front door and skipped to the door. I rolled my eyes at the silly girl I call my sister. And she's the second born?

I walked over to my bag and pulled out my clothes, then turned on my heel to walk out to the car. Lidia was waiting happily, moving her arms to the music booming through the speakers. I recognized the band as an old heavy metal band that we used to listen to as kids. My mother never let us listen to it when we were younger, she thought it was too corrupt for young ears to listen to.

I opened the car door quickly and popped my head in. "Led Zepplin, Lidia, really?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes, Perry, now get your ass in this car." I laughed at her and got in the passenger's seat. "Now, the rest of the pack will be there. Just, try to get along with them. I know you don't like new people, but you'll like them."

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, watching the trees pass by mildly as Lidia drove us in her Ford truck. For some reason, my sisters were the ones with trucks, and my brothers had the cars.

"Besides, there's a girl I think you'll take a liking to there," she mumbled, one hand on the steering wheel.

"A what?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"You know, a girl." I shook my head at the word. Ever since my last girlfriend, I haven't been able to look at another girls, it was just too much for me to handle.

"No, I'm not even going to try with this again," I grumbled to myself under my breath. The car came to a stop at a streetlight and Lidia looked over at me with a shocked expression.

"What? Oh, come on, Perry, you'll really like her. I know Triton does."

"Who's Triton?" I asked, folding my arms. The light turned green and she pulled the car forward, focusing on the road now.

"Another boy in our pack. He's just a year older than you, and he's been trying to get Carmen since she joined the pack last year."

"Oh," was all that could escape my mouth. It wasn't like I could actually like this girl. Heck, Rose was everything to me until she turned into a cheating liar.

"Oh, lighten up, okay? She's cute, you'll like her. And she's just around your age, Perry. It's perfect."

I rolled my eyes just as we pulled into a graveled driveway. The car came to a stop and a few people crowded around the front of the car. Most were my brothers, then there was one more. A boy with short brown hair and tanned skin stood with his hands deeply placed in his pockets. He wore a t-shirt, and tan shorts that stopped just passed his knees.

"You comin' or what?" Storm asked next to my ear. I jumped up and looked at him, laughing with his white smile.

"Jesus, Storm, you trying to kill me?" I said, exasperated.

"Well, there was a time when--"

"I was kidding," I deadpanned, opening the door and stepping out. I slammed the door shut and felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"You like campfires?" he asked. I nodded and he smiled. "Good, because they will have a kick ass time getting to know you."

I rolled my eyes playfully and we made it to the campfire. "Hey," Isabella greeted from the bench next to the fire pit. I waved and smiled at my older sister.

"Guys, this is Perry. Perry, these are the guys," he introduced.

"Don't forget girls, Storm. Just because you're Alpha, I doesn't mean I won't kick your ass," a girl said playfully.

Storm laughed and looked at me. "My bad. Guys and girls. Sorry 'bout that, Carmen."

I looked back at the girl with a shocked expression. Lidia was right, Carmen was beautiful, no doubt about that. Her hair was a caramel brown, that flowed well passed her shoulders and her eyes danced along with the light of the fire as it showed how blue they were. Like I said before, beautiful.

Lidia patted a spot next to her on the bench for me to sit on. I gladly sat and she suddenly wrapped her arm around me, then put her mouth next to my ear to say something. "That's her. You want to talk to her?" she asked, pointing at her openly.

My eyes widened and I shook my head quickly. "I couldn't," I breathed out.

"Oh, chill. You're joining a pack with her, so deal with it," she shrugged. "Carmen, come over here, girl, and meet my baby brother."

Great, just what I needed from my oldest sister: help.

_________________________________________

So there's a cliffhanger! I hope you guys liked it. I actually had to delete this chapter and half of the first chapter because I didn't like it, but now I do.

So vote, comment, follow! Love you guys!

~Debi