16- Interviews

Greetings Josephine,
I am emailing you today because I was skimming through the application forms for a new assistant and I noticed your application in the pile. Although an assistant job won't include much real work with the arts, I would really appreciate it if you considered my offer to do some assistant work for me for a few hours each day.

If you are free this afternoon, I would like to meet with you and discuss the possibility of the position for you. I apologize for the late notice, this is an abrupt emergency so please let me know as soon as possible of your decision.

Regards,
Dr. Sebastian King

"Oh. My. GOD," I ogle over my computer screen for a good ten minutes, statue still, as I reread the email that I've just received. I always check my emails right when I wake up, so I'm still in bed with my laptop in front of me and Jasper's actually probably still asleep so I don't want to be too loud but I'm still so excited that of all people, Sebastian King wants me to work for him.

I quickly reply to the email in the most professional- sounding vocabulary that I acquire and tell him that I am free after 12:15, when my last class ends. I try my best not to sound incredibly overjoyed and I reread the email five times before I finally push the 'send' button and close my laptop to get ready for the day.

After my shower, I get dressed in one of my most professional-looking outfits which consists of wide-legged black dress pants, a pink sleeveless blouse with a black floral beaded pattern on the top, and a black blazer with pink shoes that match the color of the shirt. I dry my hair and leave it down around my shoulders and decide on if I should wear my reading glasses that I never wear, just to make me look smarter and, even though it's not necessary, I slide on the black rimmed glasses.

Dress to impress, that's my motto.

"What's got you all fancy?" Jasper wonders, coming down the stairs and into the kitchen where I'm making a cup of coffee for myself.

"Nothing. I always look this good," I assure him jokingly as he flattens out some wrinkles on his t-shirt before pouring himself a cup of the coffee that I'd just made.

"Seriously, what's up?"

"I might have gotten an email this morning about a job opportunity," I tell him with a small smile. "And it might have been from Sebastian King himself."

"No way."

"That's what I said, but I read it ten times and there's definitely a way," I confirmed, my grin spreading wider on my face. "And then he emailed me again about ten minutes ago saying that I should come by his office at one o'clock to talk about the job. A job. With Sebastian. King."

"That's really amazing, Jo," Jasper says with a grin. "Look at you, being all awesome."

"I know, it's great," I jokingly agree as I grab a banana from the counter and start peeling it. "Anyway, have you started looking for a job yet?"

"I put in one of those applications in the office but this weekend, I'll probably start looking at places around the area and not just in the building," He explains. "I doubt that my role model is going to just up and ask me to be his assistant on the first week of school."

"You never know," I sing, looking at the time to see that it's almost time to go so I pour the rest of my coffee into a to-go cup with a lid and finish off my banana as fast as I can. "Anyway, are you ready?"

"Yeah, let's go," He sighs with a long yawn as we both grab our school bags and leave the apartment, "Anyway, to change the subject, how was your night with Scott last night?"

"It was... kind of intense," I admit and he gives me a side glance that I just roll my eyes at. "Nothing romantic, I promise. We just talked a lot about what happened back then and everything."