chapter two

Louis thanked Harry, and began to walk away, the blankets Harry gave him and a string backpack with his things it in his hands.

"Stay Safe, Louis." Harry stated firmly, an emotionless look on his face. Louis turned around slightly to nod back at him. "Of course, Mr.Styles."

Harry had given Louis $100 for all three of his paintings. Louis asked about getting a job but Harry had stated it would make him uncomfortable if a homeless man that he barely knew was in his house. Louis was upset but soon let it go, understanding Harry's explanation. Louis only kept $50, despite Harry's protests. He hid $40 in his shoe, just to ensure he wouldn't lose it.

Louis walked back into the city, getting there around 6am the next morning. He looked in between each of the tall buildings of London, trying to find a place to his liking.

When shops started opening, around 9, and Louis still hadn't found a place to spend his time he walked into a small diner, hoping to find a small something to eat and drink.

Harry had fed Louis and let him take a shower in his bathroom, using his manly cologne scented body wash and hair gel. Then, Louis wore a pair of clean boxers and a large t-shirt while his clothes were being washed before being sent off.

Louis walked a couple of blocks before seeing a small diner called The Three Coins. He went inside, seeing it was open.

Louis sat down quietly in a small booth, putting his things in the seat next to him and began looking at the menu. Seeing that everything was over $5, Louis decided on water.

A brunette waiter came to take Louis' order. Louis noticed his name tag read Liam. "Hello. I'm Liam and I'll be your waiter what can I get for you?"

The man seemed polite. He looked like an adorable little puppy and maybe Louis would've thought he was cute if he hadn't been with Harry Styles only 5 hours before.

"Um, just water." Louis spoke quietly. When Liam looked up to look at him, his eyes diverted to Louis' pile of things. Louis wasn't sure if there was some policy of him not being allowed inside so he slid his things under the table hoping Liam didn't notice.

He did.

"Alright. Well I'll get that for you." Liam was quieter now and Louis knew he was probably going to be kicked out. He hoped that Liam would just ignore it and let him get his drink just to think over his options.

"Niall." Liam summoned his blonde boyfriend who was standing behind the counter counting the money from the previous day.

"Yes, love." Niall's accent stood out at the use of the familiar pet name.

Liam immediately blushed even after being with the boy for 3 years. "Um, hi. There's a customer and he kinda looks underprivileged. He's so young, Ni. I don't want to make him pay for something to drink and eat." Liam explained quietly.

"I'll go talk to him, okay baby? Why don't you make him hot chocolate." Niall kissed Liam's cheek and began walking over to the booth.

Louis could see a different waiter or maybe a cook was coming in his direction. He looked down, hoping the man wouldn't stop but he did. Louis should've known Liam would tell. He had to.

"Hi, I'm Niall, the owner of the diner. One of my workers, and also my boyfriend, just came over to tell me that you came in with a bunch of stuff and I can't-"

Louis quickly stood up, scrambling to get his things while apologizing. "Oh I'm sorry! I'm sorry, there was no sign saying it was against policy for someone like me to be in here. I have a 5 dollar bill for the water. Just take the money,I didn't mean to go in here. I'm sorry if I bothered you and your employees I didn't mean to I swear. Just please don't call the police I swear I won't show my face here ever aga-"

He was quickly cut off by Niall. "It's okay, mate! My boyfriend and I don't care.  You can have some hot chocolate and we can talk about hiring you, okay?" Niall spoke slowly.

Louis searched Niall's face for any sign of distrust and he couldn't find any. "O-okay." Louis said nervously. He readjusted his things in his arms and followed Niall back inside. He hadn't had a job in such a long time; this was his chance to get back on his feet.

He sat at the small classic bar, keeping his head down until a cup of brown chocolaty liquid was placed in front of him. "Thank you, sir." Louis only glanced up at Liam; he had a kind smile on his face.

Niall chuckled, wrapping his arms around Liam's waist. "Call him Liam, sweetie. What's your name?"

Liam and Niall had already felt like they were Louis' parents to a certain extent. Like they must take care of him and protect him.

"I'm Louis.." Louis said shyly. He sipped at his drink slowly, scared it would burn his tongue.

"Well Louis, we need a new worker and you happen to be the first person that came in for the offer so can you cook?" Liam asked sweetly.

"No, sir" Louis hesitated. If that was their only job opportunity he wouldn't be able to have this job. "But I can maybe wash your dishes. Or clean your bathrooms?" Louis offered, trying to come up with something he could do.

Liam and Niall had emotionless looks on their faces. Louis was scared. He had ruined it again. That's what he gets for talking to people too much.

It was getting late. He needed to find a place to stay and begin painting for tonight's business men. Forget the job, he needed to get out of there.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, thanks for the hospitality. Have a nice evening." Louis spoke quietly, he didn't want to anger anyone.

"Louis, how about you work as a waiter? Like Liam." Niall suggests quickly before he loses Louis again. He's not sure he would be able to get him back if he actually left.

Louis hesitates. "Oh..um, yes sir. I can do that."

Louis can't keep the smile off his face as Niall tells him about the menu and rules.