Chapter Six- I foresee...

"What do you mean, 'out of blood'?"

"I mean, out of blood. Animal at least." The receptionist replied coolly.

"Shoot." I said before turning and walking to my table, empty handed.

"What's wrong?" Dante asked.

"They ran out of blood. Looks like I'll have to make a stop on my way home. Again."

Dante looked at his wrist, at me, and then at his wrist again.

"Mnh mnh. Not yours." I said, shaking my head.

"Why not?"

"'Cause."

I could barely stop when I finished a blood packet, I didn't trust myself enough to drink from the source...I could kill him if I tried. He pretended to look offended.

"Look, my control with this kind of thing sucks. I don't want to hurt you; plus I hear Vamp venom is rather painful to your kind." I say, forcing a smile at the end.

He saw right through it, but let it go, regardless.

He grabbed my hand, and pulled me down into a seating position, where his lips could reach mine.

"That's better." He murmured against my lips.

I giggled. I liked it when he kissed me like that, liked the jolt his touch sent through me. I absently wondered if he felt it too. The boozy look on his face hinted that he did. We both smiled, and he kissed me again.

"Eck." Bri said, making a face.

"Oh like you don't wish you had a guy so you could do the same, Bri." Akila murmured.

Bridgette shrugged, and her attention was suddenly elsewhere. The rest of us followed her gaze.

"Dark Dweebus of the squint squad?!" I yelped, pretending to be horrified.

Akila didn't have to act. She was absolutely mortified.

Bri nodded, blushing.

"But you can't like him! No offense, but even you have better taste than that." Akila whined.

Dante grinned at her response, but sobered up as he saw the dire situation at hand. Bri's crush was an all out, total, squint known by most of us as "Dark Dweebus". Bridgette gave us a meaningful look.

"Do you think I want to like him? Hell no! but you can't control who you love."

"Hey mom." I said, dropping my backpack on the counter.

That's when I saw the little book thingy. I picked it up just as my mom walked into the kitchen.

"What's this?" I asked, waving it in front of her face.

"I bought you a journal when I was shopping today."

"Did you get my Mix?"

"Yes, it's in your stereo upstairs. I listened to it to figure out what kind of music you like. I didn't like it too much."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Who doesn't like the song "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry?! The lyrics were genius!" I grumbled, stalking up to my room.

When I got there, Dante was sitting on my bed. "Hello, love." He said over the now playing music.

I turned the music down, and went over to cuddle with him.

"Hey, honey."

My mom would blow a gasket if she found out I was going out with a werewolf. Not that it would affect me, but still. He stood us up, and wrapped his warm arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and we danced to the song "Just By Being You (halo and wings)" By Steel Magnolia. The lyrics to this one fit us, well, almost perfectly. 'Xept for the fact that instead of angels, we were immortals.