Chapter Five- True Love?

The doctor left after about an hour, after I was cauncious again. Akila and Bri went as well to grab a bite to eat; Dante was the only one that stayed.

"Why did you come?"

He didn't have to ask to know what I meant.

"I saw what happened in the cafiteria so I followed Akila and Bri to see if you were ok."

"But why though? I insisted.

"Uh...um...I..." He stalled

"Spit it out."

The rest of Dante's answer came out in a rush. "I've been into you for a while. I watched you whenever I got the chance. When I saw what had happened in the cafiteria...I was so ate up with worry that I had to check on you. I couldn't stand not knowing if you were ok. I mean, I know that this is all so weird for you but..." He trailed off at the end, studying my expression.

"Whoa. Ok. Back track. You like me?"

He sighed and nodded. "When I saw what Reaver had done to you...it was so hard not to rip his throat out, I didn't expect that part. But I knew that you needed me, so I didn't."

I shook my head. "That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?"

"You know...I'm a vampire...and you're a werewolf and all..." I said hesitantly.

He snorted, and I looked at him with a bewildered expression.

"What?"

"You seriously think I care what you...are? The whole Vamp vs. Lycan prejustice is a load of crap, as far as I'm concerned. It's not the creature, but the person inside."

I nodded, taken by surprise yet again. "Wow. I don't know what to say..." I said.

He nodded understandingly, and subcounciously reached for my hand. When his skin touched mine, it sent a jolt of electricity through me, it was nothing I'd ever felt before. When he realized what he was doing, he pulled his hand back. I was surprised to find that...I didn't want him to. I wanted him to hold me forever.

"I'm sorry." He murrmered.

"For what?"

"After what you just went through... this kind of personal contact probably doesn't do your nerves any good." He said, appolagetically.

I gave him a look that said "Seriously? Get real."

He grinned and held my hand again. I closed my eyes and smiled back peacefully. I laughed softly when a low, content sound came from his throat. It was kind of like a purr...only wilder. I didn't know how long we sat like that before Akila and Bri came back, I was to content to notice time passing.

"Would you look at that. It took her almost murder to find the perfect guy." Bridgette said jokingly.

I lightly punched her on the arm with my free hand. Akila smiled and glanced at the hand that Dante was holding, and he squeezed it. I sighed happily, and my two best friends grinned. My cell phone rung on the table next to me, and Dante handed it to me.

"Hello?"

"Renesmee?"

"Uhhhhhh...yeah?"

"Yes, um...where are you, love? I would very much like to pay you a visit."

I gulped. "Dark?"

"Yes. Did you really think I was dead? Your not getting rid of me that easily!"