Chapter 3

Dedicated to Beyond0blivion for coming up with the name for... Well, I won't say it quite yet but it comes up xD Happy reading!

"I'm a what?"

"A Seakyr," Dexter said, completely serious.

"And I have no idea what that is." Okay, this guy was crazy.

"Basically a Seakyr is just a person with mental abilities. Most of us just have one power but the strong ones sometimes have two," he finished with a smile that was probably meant to look reassuring, but seemed more nervous to me.

"Us? So your a 'Seakyr' as well?" The word Seakyr came out of my mouth slightly more sarcastically than I'd meant it to.

"Yeah, us. I'm a Seakyr too. I can't do anything cool like reading minds or anything. I just see ghosts, which kinda sucks."

"You see ghosts? I was right, you are insane."

"How am I insane?"

I held up a finger. "Sign one, breaking into my house," another finger, "Sign two, attacking me," third finger, "Sign three, starting to talk about ghosts. What part of that doesn't sound nuts?"

"It'd make more sense if you had grown up with this stuff."

"So you were brainwashed from birth? Wow, your gonna need a hell of a lot of therapy to get your head straight," I couldn't help laughing at his expression.

"I wasn't brainwashed! Ask your parents. You must have got it from one of them, they'll tell you," he said, starting to get defensive.

"I told my dad ages ago, he didn't mention anything," I didn't want to mention my mum, and luckily he didn't seem to notice.

"Ask again," he turned towards the door to go.

"Hey, wait!" I jumped off of my bed, wincing as pain shot up my leg, and tottered down the hall after him. "I said wait!"

He stopped in the lounge room and turned with a sigh. "Why? It's not like you believe me."

"I never said I didn't, it's just a lot to take in," besides, who was I to say he was lying? I did read thoughts. And he might be the only chance I'll ever get to have this thing explained to me.

I bet, a small voice said in the back of my head, if you got close enough to read his mind you'll be able to tell if he's lying.

I took a step forward, trying not to make my intent obvious. "So, you can see ghosts? Does that freak you out?"

He shrugged his broad shoulder. "You get used to it," he brilliant blue eyes glanced down at my leg as I took another step forward. "What are you doing?" He seemed amused.

I ran my fingers through my thick brown hair, dragging the strands forward in an attempt to cover up my sudden blush.

"Nothing," I mumbled, but my words came out defensive and my body language probably did, too.

He stared at me for what seemed like an endless moment before saying, "Come for a walk with me. I'll explain everything properly."

An agreement left my lips without any conscious instruction. "Just let me get changed."

Back in my room I rummaged through the draws of my dresser, pulling out a pair of denim shorts and a white tank top. I almost shut my bedroom door to change before I remembered it's lack of a door handle and how embarrassing it would be if I had to get Dexter to help get me out. I took my change of clothes to the bathroom to get changed, depositing my green -ugh- uniform into the dirty wash pile.