Chapter 1

Karmen W.

"Karmen" Eric said shaking me.

"Yeah" I said while yawning and sitting up against the head board.

"I'm going to work" He said.

"Where do you work anyway" I said as I got up to brush my teeth and wash my face.

"It's nothing" He looked away from me.

I rolled my eyes. "Ok bye" I said.

"Karmen Don't start, I'll be back before you know it" He pecked my lips and got up.

I made a mental note to just follow him but I decided not to. Hopefully he'll tell me where he works sooner or later, Or I just might take that mental note into consideration.

I didn't want to be stuck in the house today, So I invited my friend, Rhythm to lunch. I took a shower and got dressed and went down stairs to make some coffee to wake me up a bit. I grabbed my coffee and went outside to my 2015 Honda Accord. While I was on my way to Red lobster. I decided to listened to the radio while I was driving which I don't do often because I like to be focused on the road.

"Cause girl you're perfect, You're always worth it And you deserve it, The way you work it, Cause girl you earned it, Girl you earned it" I sung softly as I pulled up in Red Lobsters parking lot and I saw Rhythm getting out of her 2015 Lexus.

"Hey girl" I shouted as she turned my way.

"Hey Karmen" She hugged me and went inside.

The waiter sat us down and Rhythm started a conversation.

"Are you and Eric still together?" She asked while smiling.

I sighed. "Yeah"

Her smile quickly turned into a frown once she saw my face.

"What is it" She asked, Already knowing that I wasn't happy about something.

"It's nothing serious, I'm probably just overthinking things" I said

"How would I know if you don't tell me" She said really wanting to know.

"He wakes me up early in the morning to tell me he's going to go to work" I said.

"And?"

"He won't tell me where he works, Rhythm I think he's hiding something from me" I looked down.

"Karmen he IS hiding something from you, If he wasn't hiding anything he would have told" Rhythm said.

"I don't know what to do, we never get to spend time together" I said on the verge of tears.

"Karmen look at me" Rhythm said and I look up at her with watery eyes.

"Just wait a couple of days, maybe even weeks and If he doesn't tell you-" She started to say but got cut off by me.

"I don't want to be apart from him, I love him too much" I said, already knowing what she was about to say.

"What else is there to do Karmen" She said.

"I guess your right" I sighed.

"See, Now be strong" She said trying to boost my ego.

I smiled. "Thanks"

We changed the conversation and had a great lunch. After leaving Red Lobster, I was on my way home and I got a phone call from Eric.

"Hello" I said.

"Hey, it's Eric" Eric said.

"Duhh nigga I know I have caller ID" I said obviously.

"Shutup, Are you dressed?" He asked.