Chapter 3

Got a new puppy !!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The car ride was silent and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Owen keep wondering what he did wrong but his mind came up blank. 'Maybe she likes me and got jealous' he asks himself. He snorts at his thought, there is no way she likes him.

Owen was not the only on in deep thought. 'Why was he flirting with her, does he still like her?" Sky thought.

The two where knocked out of their thoughts when they heard the engine stop and Claire gets out slamming the door, to the car, behind her. They quickly followed.

"This is it." Claire tells the two once they were in step with her.
"So...What's this dinosaur called?" Sky asked as they climbed the stairs.

"The Indominus Rex." She answers in a snobby tone.

"Indominus Rex? Really, couldn't think of a better name." Owen asks with a laugh.

"Well we needed a name that the kids could pronounce, besides you should here a 8 year old say Aegyptosaurus (A/N: I think that's right)." Claire answers.
"You should hear yourself say it!" Sky says sassily.

Owen smiles hearing her sassy voice back in action again. 'At least she is doing better than before' he thought in relief.

Claire rolls her eyes, ignoring their comments. Claire leads them inside the room.

"So, you just went and made a new dinosaur?" Owen says looking in the forest like padlock similar to his girls one but much bigger. He fails at trying to spot the hybrid.

"Doesn't sound like a smart idea." Sky adds also looking for the hybrid.

Claire rolls her eyes again and replays "Corporate thought it would add to the 'WOW' factor."Sky shakes her head while Owen scoffs and says "Their dinosaurs, 'wow' enough.

Sky catches sight of a crack in the glass. While nodding her head to it she asks "What happened there?"

"She tried to break through the glass." Claire says looking in the padlock making it not a big deal.

"Did this," Owen says struggling coming with a word " thing have any siblings?"

"She had a sibling, in case she didn't survive infancy." Claire replies with a faces and not wanting to say anymore. This worried Skylar.

"Well, what happened to the sibling?" Sky asks not wanting to know the answer.

"She ate it." She responds, making a face.

Turning to the worker, she says "Drop a steer." She sighs, impatiently tapping the glass. "It was here just a while ago..."

Walking to the wall full of TV screens, that are connected to the cameras, and punches in a few buttons. The screen went off with a warning. Claire eyes grow wides

"That's impossible," the worker exclaims "these doors haven't opened in weeks!"

"Claire... Have those claw marks always been there?" Owen says, surprisingly calm while Sky quickly rushes to his side to see what he means.

"Oh my!" Sky gasps quietly.

" Oh goodness, I can track it from the control room." Claire quickly rand out the door and into her car.

"You people never learn." Sky whispers to herself.

"Do you really think she climbed out, the wall is forty feet high." The worker says doubtfully looking at the claw marks.

"It depends." Sky replies glancing up the claw marks in the wall.

"On what?" He asks, glancing around nervously.

"On what exactly they cooked up in the lab." Owe. Continues

The worker walkie talkie suddenly come to life. "It******in******pad-******now"

" Say that again." The worker responds quickly.

"He's in the padlock with you! It's in there!" The women fearfully shouts.

Owen glances at Sky think one thing 'I must get her to safety even if I die doing it' Owen then quickly asks and grads Sky's hand as they begin to run. They made it half way, before the Idnominus Rex, rose up out of the leaves and started chasing them. Owen and Skylar quickly turn and runs full speed for the closing door, barley making it out.

Owen drags me under a car, pulling Sky on top of him. Owen felt Sky shaking so he pulled her closer and whispers. "We're going to be alright. I'm going to protect you." This calms Sky down, soon she relaxes against him fully.

They both watched in terror as the I-Rex flipped the other car over and ate the worker in one bite.

Owen worked fast, grading a knife pocket and cutting the coolant line, covering them in coolant. The I-Rex Leander down, sniffing. Owen tightens his arms around Skylar while she felt a few tears slip down her roses cheeks. When the I-Rex walks away Owen whips her tears away and pushes her face, so they were nose to nose. Both started silently glancing at each other's lips. As they were about to kiss a sudden roar reminds them of what just happened.

Sky bits her lips and says awkwardly "We should probably go."

Owen clears his throat and says "Yea, your right." Owen helps Sky up from under the truck in silence.

Both thinking  'Does she/he feel the same?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sorry for the long wait will update more frequently. Hope you enjoy!