Decisions, decisions

***Hey guys! This is just a little idea I came up with. I just want to say that yes, Tom Hardy is my celebrity crush. But since this is a Jai one-shot, I kind of had to make him the bad guy.
No, I don't know much about Tom so I'm just saying now that none of the things about either him or Jai are true to my knowledge. It's just something I made up in my head. Requests are open now, enjoy!***

"Joel, can we leave now?" I asked my friend.

"No, just relax. You're doing fine, I promise."

"That's only because I haven't met anyone yet, I don't want to embarrass you at your own pool party."

Joel gave me a stern look as if to say "Shut up."

"Maria, you need a drink. Why don't you stay here and I'll get you a cocktail?"

"Oh please don't leave me alone." I begged, my anxiety beginning to spike.

Joel Edgerton was a good friend of mine ever since I accidentally picked up his luggage at an airport instead of mine.  That was 5 years ago.

After losing my job just months after meeting him, Joel hired me on as his personal assistant. So after a life of working retail and being society's doormat, I was thrown into a world of chaotic wonder. My job mainly just consisted of keeping Joel company and fetching things for him, which wasn't hard considering he's such a sweet and humble guy.

Being an only child, it was nice to have Joel as a brother figure to confide in. But it was times like these where I wished he would have left me at the hotel.

"Come on, quit being a baby. You look amazing, why don't you go jump in the pool?" He asked as I held a firm grip on his arm while we snaked our way through a herd of movie producers.

Social anxiety kept me from enjoying things that other girls would relish; fame. Although I was far from fsmous, it was still amazing to meet such people as Mark Wahlberg or Will Smith.

"Yeah right, I'm not getting in that pool, Candice Swanepoel  is in there!" I hissed.

"Oh right, I forgot that you take spinning classes three times a week just to hide your body under that, well, whatever it is your wearing." He said.

We stopped at the outdoor bar and Joel ordered our drinks while I glanced around nervously.

"You'd think after spending nearly five years at my side, you'd have settled in a little."

"Yeah well, you know I'm not the type to enjoy a crowd, I don't care if that is Leo DiCaprio over there."

"He's a great guy, why don't you go say hello?"

I gave Joel a look like he was crazy.

"Yeah, let me just walk right up and go 'hey Leo, I loved your role in Titanic, do you like pizza?'"

"He probably does, maybe he'll offer to take you out."

"Shut up before I push you into the pool."

"Well you know who's going to be here don't you?"

"Who?" I asked, sipping my drink as we walked back to our table.

"Your favorite actor."

"What." I said, stopping short.

No way. Not him.

"Yeah, he should be around."

Looking around frantically, my palms suddenly began to sweat.