Chapter 8

Ahh crap, so I just realized I'd completely skipped chapter 8. And it was a good one also, so I'm posting it now. If you don't remember when this would have taken place, it would have been after Harry and Maedbh went on their ceramic's 'date', before Luke blew her off to hang with the boys. But so yea, here's the missing chapter, I'll probably put it in the spot it belongs after a week or so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Maedbh's POV

A buzzing phone wakes me up in the morning. With a quiet groan, I reach over and grab it.

“Hello?” I whisper, holding the sheets around me as I look over at the boy sleeping next to me.

“Hey! You’re up!” a perky voice responds. I groan slightly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I look around for something to put on.

“I am now,” I complain as I slip a large t-shirt over my head and tiptoe out of the room.

“Great. Then you can meet me for coffee” Harry says. I pull the phone away from my ear to check the time, debating on whether or not that was a smart thing to do.

“Yea ok” I say, unable to resist.

“Great, I’ll pick you up in 10 minutes”

“No!” I practically shout. “I mean… I’ll just meet you there” I say hastily.

“Ok…” he says confused at my outburst. “Starbucks in 15 minutes”

“Make it 20” I say before hanging up. I walk back into the room and Luke yawns, stretching as he opens his eyes.

“Who was that?” he asks, with a smile, propping himself up on his elbows.

“It was Uncle Si, he wants me to come in to help with the bread” I lie with a smile as I go through his drawer to find the spare set of clothes I had at his house.

“Aww, but I was hoping we could hang out today, stay in bed all morning…” he trails off with a cheeky grin. I chuckle, wriggling into my pants before walking over to the bed.

“Sorry” I say giving him a quick peck. “I’ll call you after work” He nods and I slip out the front. I try to shake the feeling of guilt that’s settled over me. I didn’t know why I was lying to Luke. Harry was just a friend. I shouldn’t feel bad for hanging out with him. And I shouldn’t be keeping it from Luke.

“Didn’t think you were coming” Harry says, from a table in the corner, looking up as the bell on the door rings when I enter.

“Well I thought about just going back to sleep and leaving you here, but I thought that might be mean” I joke, accepting the drink he offers.

“Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot of espresso, no whip,” he says proudly. My eyes widen in shock. He remembered my drink order. Luke could barely remember my birthday.

“Thanks” I say surprised, blowing gently on the top to cool it down. “So Liam’s elephant huh?” I ask remembereing yestereday’s conversation.

“Mhm” Harry says, nodding solemnly. “He’s been through a lot of counseling. We just have to hope for the best.” The seriousness in which he says this cracks me up and soon the conversation has picked up again as if it had never ended.

“So I’ve got a question for you” I say after a while.

“Shoot” he tells me, leaning forwards on the table and looking in my eyes with a smile.