Chapter 10

Gisella's POV

Oh my God. What is Vinny doing? If this boy gets me fired I'm going to kick his ass.
As I was walking to grab my manager, I was mentally preparing myself to get fired on the spot. I walked into the customer service area where Melissa was drinking a soda and reading a bridal magazine. She was not engaged, but she says it's for the future.
"Melissa? Can I grab you for a second? Somebody wants to talk to you." I ask with my voice shaking.
"What's wrong, Gi? Is someone coming to complain about my favorite worker?" She sets her drink down and walks towards me.
"Well, I'm not sure what he wants, but he told me to come get you." I start picking my fingernails. It is a nasy habit but I do it when I am nervous.
We walk from Customer Service to the register I had been working at and before we got there, Melissa whispered to me, "He's cute. I'd get that number if I were you." I giggled and said nothing. We reached Vinny and Melissa smiled at him and asked if anything was wrong.
"Yeah. Something really wrong just happened and I had to speak with a manager immediately. Im sorry. Hi, you must be Gisella's manager. My name is Vinchenzo Mauro but you can call me Vinny." He smirked and my heart skipped a beat
Vinchenzo, I swear to god. If you get me fired, I swear to god.
"What can I do for you, Mr. Vinchenzo?" Melissa asked him politely and with a smile.
"I just wanted to tell you how appalled I am." He slammed his fist on the check out counter, "Gisella dealt with a horrible customer and she handled it perfectly, but that customer was so rude and I thought I should let you know that Gisella was trying to be helpful but that lady was just awful! Anyways, I wanted to let you know that you should give Gisella a raise or a promotion because what I witnessed should not have to happen." Vinny looked over at me and I winked at him. I let out a huge sigh of relief and a giggle.
"Well, since you really believe that Gisella did such a good job, maybe there is room for a raise. Come on and we will talk about it." Melissa motioned for both of us to follow her. We walked behind Melissa to the back of the store and as we walked Vinny hooked his pinky with mine and that is how we walked till we got to the back.
That Italian bastard. I swear to god. He's going to be the death of me.