Chapter 17

Vinny's POV

My smile fell when I realized she was crying. I stood up from the wheelchair but I soon got disoriented and braced myself against Gi's bed. She felt the pressure on the bed and looked up at me.

"So, you're not paralyzed? What about your eye? Is that some cruel joke?" She questioned me.

"No baby I'm not paralyzed. My eye is another story. Too much glass was in it to save it. But it'll be chill." Her face relaxed.

I leaned over the length of the bed and kissed her on the cheek. To be honest I was aiming for the lips but what can you do with one eye? Especially when it's the weaker one.

My nurse wheeled the wheelchair beside me so I could climb back in.

"Okay Mr. Mauro we need to get you back to your room so the doctor can dress your bandage on your eye," the nurse said abruptly. "I can bring you back after that."

Gisella looked up at her, "Can he stay in my room after. Lile, permanently?" She questioned the nurse.

She gave it some thought. "I'll talk to the doctor." She smiled and patted the wheelchair seat.

I climbed in the chair and she wheeled me back to my room. The doctor was waiting in my room and was writing something down on the white board. He heard us coming in so he turned around and started dressing the gauze and bandages under the eye patch. He then gave me a somber look, and I looked at him with a questioning stare.

"Vincenzo, it looks like your eye is healing quite well," he informed me, "We took an x ray after we received you and it all seemed okay in your eye region. But we saw a small amount of fluid buildup on your brain. We do not know how severe but we will have to keep you overnight just to monitor it."