Chapter 7

Vinny's POV
When I woke up the morning after Gisella and my's amazing time last night, she was still asleep. Like an angel. I tried to get up out of the bed to make breakfast, but her legs were tangled up with mine. I smiled and quietly untangled us and stood up. I looked down at Gisella and my heart skipped a beat. This girl had her purple and black hair strewn around my black pillows and her arms were angled like she was holding something close to her. I kissed her forehead and pulled the sheets up to cover her up so she would not get cold.
Walking to my kitchen, I found my phone on the couch. Six new messages from my best friend Logan. He wanted to know how the date went.
Me: Pretty well. She's still asleep in my bed.
Logan: WHAT. BROOO GIVE ME THE DETAILS MAN
Me: I will dude chill.
I went to the kitchen and started making pancakes. After a little bit, I guess the smell finally got to my room because Gisella shuffled in looking like a zombie.
She was dressed in my my black button down t shirt and her bra and panties. One side of her blue eye-shadow was smudged up the side of her face, her hair was poofy and uncurling, and her black lipstick was smudged and almost gone. Good thing that doesn't show up on pillows or she would have been so embarrassed.
"Good morning, Baby Girl. How did you sleep?" I said as she planted a kiss on my cheek.
"Good until I woke up and saw you weren't there. That sucked. But I think food will make up for that." She giggled and sat down at the table in the kitchen. When the food was done, I set it in front of her and she grabbed the top one and immediately started devouring it. I laughed and she smiled with a full mouth. That made me laugh even more.
"So, I was thinking we actually go on a date this weekend. To an actual place with people. How do you feel about it?" I asked her through bites of pancake.
She stood up to grab a cup of water and replied, "I would love that. Maybe this time, we'll actually make it to the restaurant."
After food was eaten and plates were put up, we got dressed and I drove her back to her dorm room. I walked her to her door and when she opened it, you could still see her roommate lying on the couch.
"Will you help me get her to her room? It's a pain to do it by myself all the time." She sighed. We put her roommate to bed and I kissed Gisella goodbye.
"I'll call you when I get a free chance, okay?" She asked me and I agreed.
I drove to my house and practiced drumming for a little bit. Then, I did a drum cover of a Drake song, posted it on YouTube and called my friend Logan.
Logan: BRO you've got to tell me what happened with Gazelle.
Me: Her name is Gisella. She's not an African animal. Anyway, she's amazing. We like the same movies, she's hot, she's beautiful, I can't get her out of my mind.
Logan: *imitates a whip cracking* Sounds like Chenzo is gonna get his man card taken.
Me: What? No. She's not like that. She's not controlling.
Logan: *imitates cracking sound again*
Me: Dude quit that. I didn't get my man card taken, but that V card got swiped. I'm happy with her.
Logan: Dude I was just messing with you about the whip. I'm happy for you bro. I want you to be happy. When can I meet Gazelle- I mean Gisella?
Me: Soon. I've only known her for a short time and I don't want to freak her out.
Logan: Alright man. You do you with that girl. I'm gonna do me with no girl. Catch you later man.
Me: See ya dude.
I hung up the phone and went back to my bedroom. I fell onto my bed and I could still smell her sweet smell and it made me homesick?

If home is where the heart is, then my heart is on a dorm room with a drunk roommate.