Chapter One

"Fine,fuck off! God,I don't even know why I ever liked you! You're such a bitch!" Aaliyah stormed out of her supposed "GBF's" apartment and ran home with tears running down her face,and all she could think was 'I hate myself' over and over again. She got back to her and Avery's apartment (whom was still at work) and locked herself in her bathroom. She crawled into the bathtub and curled herself in to a ball. After thirty minutes of crying she stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. She wiped her tears off and then started crying again. Her head bumped the door to the medicine cabinet and it opened. 'The Medicine Cabinet' Her eyes widened. 'It can all be over.' She grabbed the nearest bottle of medicine and counted the pills. '19. For each thing that is wrong with me.'

Of course she thought there were more than that,but,never the less,she swallowed all of the pills,one at a time and listed for what each represented. "My eyes." One. "My weight." Two. "My mind." Three. "My clothes." Four. "My voice." Five. "My hair style." Six. "The colour of my hair." Seven. "My skin tone." Eight. "My job." Nine. "My Grades." Ten. "My teeth." Eleven. "My face." Twelve. "My temper." Thirteen. "My hands." Fourteen. "My feet." Fifteen. "My handwriting." Sixteen. "My complete and utter lack of knowledge." Seventeen. By this point she was holding back vomit,but she kept going.

'I need to be gone'

"My family." Eighteen. As she was about to take the last pill Avery threw open the door. "Go away." Aaliyah said and Avery grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the bathroom. "Leave me ALONE!" She yelled. "No!"

"LET GO OF-O-" She vomited all over the floor and Avery muttered "Shit." Under her breath. She ran to her phone and called '911'. and Aaliyah passed out after she was done vomiting.

"Wh-Where-Where am I?" Aaliyah asked. "Your stomach has just been pumped,and now we're waiting,well we where waiting for you to get up." The Doctor explained. "I'm Doctor Brown." He smiled. "What happened." According to your friend you took some pills,do you think you could tell us how many?" Doctor Brown asked. "19...but...but you pumped my stomach?" Aaliyah asked. "Yes,to get rid of the pills that you took." The Doctor explained. "YOU GOT RID OF THEM?!" She asked. "Yes." The Doctor agreed. "NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! PUT THEM BACK IN!" She ordered. "We can't do that,and even if we could,we wouldn't. If we put the pills back in you would die. "That's kinda the point!" She exclaimed. "Aaliyah,is this the first time you've tried to commit suicide?" Doctor Brown ask,to which Aaliyah was silent. "Aaliyah,please tell me,I need to know this kind of stuff." He said,and eventually Aaliyah nodded her head 'yes'. "But,you are suicidal." It was more a statement than a question,but Aaliyah nodded anyway. "Clinical Depression....how long have you been Clinically Depressed?" Doctor Brown asked. "Doesn't it say so on your stupid chart?" She muttered and rolled over. "Yes,but I'm still asking you because it's best if you have company,and I have a feeling you're not going to want to talk to me now that you know that." He said. "So,how long have you been Clinically Depressed?"
"8 years." Aaliyah responded. "How are you feeling this morning?" The Doctor asks. "Perfect." She retorts sarcastically. "Okay,I'm going to leave you alone-"

"Thank god."
"We'll be keeping you overnight for observation,so I'll be seeing you later." He continued. "Goodbye Aaliyah." She readjusted herself and went back to sleep.

"Aaliyah....it's time for lunch." One of the nurses gently shook her awake. "I'm not hungry." She mumbled into the pillow. "You have to eat something." The Nurse said. "No. I don't have to do anything." She argued. "Well,at least drink something." The Nurse persuaded. "Fine." Aaliyah groaned and was handed a glass of orange juice. "How long until I get to go home?" She asked. "You'll be going home tonight sweetheart." The nurse responded. "What time is it?"

"It's 3:33. You'll be going home when your friend Grant picks you up around six." The nurse told her and Aaliyah internally groaned at the thought of being in the car with him. 'He probably still hates me. Not like I'd blame him,I do too.' She thought. "Any more questions?" The nurse asked and Aaliyah shook her head 'no'. "Okay. Make sure to drink your Orange Juice." With that,the nurse left.