Chapter 5 - A Chance

MASAMUNE P.O.V.

It's been a long time since Ritsu died and I'm not over it but I can at least hear his name without bursting into tears. I honestly don't think I'll ever be over it but all I can do now is move on with my life. Maka keeps nagging about how I should find someone new but I don't think anyone can make me fall in love as much as Ritsu did.

-

3RD PERSON P.O.V.

Masamune is at work editing the last page of a manuscript. And while he's all excited to go home and sleep after hell week is over, he gets a text.

Haitani Shin: Meet me outside of the building after you're finished working.

A few months after Ritsu died, Haitani started talking to him more and they have a good friendship now. Haitani really did change but Masamune didn't know why.

You: Why?

Haitani Shin: It's really important. Please.

You: Fine but I'm tired so make it short.

Haitani Shin: Yes, sir.

Masamune smiled a little bit at the last comment Haitani sent and put down his phone to finish his work.

-

After he finished up, he packed up his things and pulled on his jacket then left the building. He noticed Haitani waiting for him outside. "Hey Haitani." He greeted as he approached his friend. "Masamune! I missed you~" He jumped on him and hugged him tightly. "Hey!" He pushed him off. "Don't do stupid things. And don't talk like that, it's weird."

"Sorry." He said with a smile. Masamune smiled back, "You're an idiot. Anyway, what did you want?"

Haitani started walking. "Let's go somewhere to talk." He said.

-

They walked to a small coffee shop that only had a few other people inside. They picked a table in the back corner, farther away from the other customers. Haitani told Masamune to sit down and he went to get them drinks.

Haitani placed down their drinks on the table and sat down in his chair. "So Takano. How are you doing lately?" He asked. Masamune gave him a weird look, "Fine I guess."

"That's good. So... Are you thinking about getting in a relationship with anyone again?" Masmaune still didn't know where this conversation was heading. But he would find out soon. "... I don't know... I don't think I can fall in love again. I don't think anybody will be able to give me what Ritsu did..." Haitani nodded. It was silent for a few minutes. Then Madamune spoke again, "Why are you asking?"

Haitani dodged his question but looked him in the eyes and said "Well what if someone made you feel like you're really in love?" Masmaune gave him another look. "Maybe if they did... then I would probably give them a chance." Haitani nodded again. There was an awkward silence again.

But then the next words Masamune heard shocked him.

---

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN! What will happen next? I don't know I didn't think that far ahead yet...

No I'm joking. Lol. See you next time!!!