His head snapped towards her and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his eye sockets. She thought it was quite funny but didn't show any emotion like always.

"What? Really?" He asked quickly. "Cora, that's... That's really sweet of you. Thank you so m-" but he gets caught off.

"Just shut up before I punch you." Cora snapped at him and he did what he was told.

"I say you should grow a pair and just ask her out on a date. It's not complicated really." She told him but then winced a bit because she touched her forehead on accident.

"But what if she rejects me? It would get awkward between us." Stiles tells Cora as he started to drive again when there was a green light. "Why would she say yes to me, anyways, right? I'm just some nobody who only has sarcasm as his only defense. I wouldn't be able to protect her. While she's just so amazing and I'm so.... not. She's everything I've ever been looking for. She's pretty and funny and she likes me for me. Well, I think she likes me anyways. She's not afraid to say what's on her mind or kick some ass if she needs too. But I don't want to ruin our friendship if she doesn't feel the same." Stiles says, not taking his eyes off the road.

"See? You do like her." Cora smirked. "But, Wow, you've got it bad don't you?" Cora said noticing that he was being completely serious about this.

Stiles looks at her and nods but moved his eyes back to the road. He tried to think about something else but all he could think about was a brunette with beautiful brown eyes but was also capable of kicking some ass. He shook his head and started to concentrate on taking her to the hospital.

Derek was in the hospital room in between two girls who were severely hurt from a twin alpha. Cora was resting up more as Stella started to whimper in her sleep. It was soft and quiet at first but then it started to get louder and frequent.

Derek gently let go of his sisters hand in order to move his chair next to Stella's bed. He grabbed onto her hand and to surprise she had stopped whimpering in her sleep.

She was having a nightmare and Derek was able to detect that when he listened to her heartbeat. It wasn't normal for a human's heart to beat that fast.

"Stella, wake up. Stella, wake up!" He started to say louder and that's when her eyes snapped open.

But that wasn't all of her reaction. She had sat up so quick that it made Derek jump in his own seat. He flew out of his chair and bent down in order to check on her.

"Hey, you're okay. You're okay. It's over now, okay? You're safe here with me." Derek whispered soothingly to the Argent who he should be hating because of who her family is.

The Argents. The family that had killed his own family. It's even worse that her own mother is Kate Argent. He should be hating her guts alright.

But here he was next to her, telling her that she was safe with him. Having her know that he would protect her.

"You okay? You were whimpering in your sleep." Derek tells her once she calmed down.

"I need to get out of here. Something's wrong. This just doesn't seem right to me." Stella started to pant from how tired she was from the nightmare and took off the blanket off of her, trying to get out of the bed.

The alpha Hale grabbed onto her tightly and started to push her down onto the bed.

"You're not going anywhere anytime soon, kid. You bumped into the wall with your head pretty badly."

"I need to get to the school." She growled at him and pushed his hands away from her, starting to get out of the bed and this time she was successful.

"What the hell do you think your doing? Your hurt, Stella!" Derek snapped at her, being extremely annoyed.

"My friends need me! So, I need to go to the band recital." Stella answered him and she pushed him out of the way from the door.

"You're hurt, Stella! You're just a human and that means that you need to rest." He say angrily which only made Stella look at him for a few seconds but turned around, walking out of the room.

"Stella, Stella, Stella!" Derek yelled out her name as he ran after her outside of the room because he felt the need to protect her, he just needed to keep her in safe hands.

"Stella!" He yelled out her name loudly which caught her attention. She stood in her tracks and turned to him, annoyed.

"Look, old man." Stella started as Derek was still unfazed."I get that you want to keep me here because I'm sure Scott made you take care of me but-"

"Actually, Stiles was the one who made me watch over you. Either way I didn't have to listen to him. I'm doing this because I want to. So, look, kid. I'm telling you to get your ass back on that bed and rest. You really don't want to test me right now. However, since I'm a Hale I could let you go out there and leave you to die because you're an Argent but I'm not. So, be a nice young girl and go to rest." Derek ended up barking at her aggressively and walked back inside the hospital room to take care of his little sister while Stella was standing there in defeat.

Eventually, Derek was able to hear light footsteps from behind him, he only turned his head to see the brunette climbing onto her bed. She glared at him and started to whisper profanities under her breath knowing quite well that he was able to hear her clearly.

Derek smiled, which was extremely rare.

He slid his chair next to Stella's bed and held onto her hand as she closed her eyes. Whether she liked it or not she knew that Derek was indeed correct. She was way to weak to fight anyone at that point. She had even knocked out the second her head hit the bed.

"You're something else, Stella."