Chapter 5: The Run In

Prince Brendan looked at me before speaking, "No, it's okay. I was not looking where I was going either."

I pretended not to know him, but still attempted to make friendly talk. "So, you seem to be in a rush. What is that about?"

He suddenly looked uncomfortable as he shifted his weight on the other foot and looked down, "Um, well I was kind of runni-"

"You know what, never mind. Forgive me for intruding," I interrupted the man, not wanting to make him more uneasy than what he already was.

Prince Brendan appeared to visibly relax as he let out a sigh. "Thank you. Well it was most certainly nice meeting you, but I must go now, sorry." Before I could say anything else, he ran off without another word.

I was in a daze while checking in at a hotel I had found down the same street of my run in. I went to the seventeenth floor and entered my room before setting down my things and finally comprehending what happened not even ten minutes ago. I had just run into one of the royal family members! I thought, letting out a huff of amazement.

I sat down on the single bed in the room before thinking even more into it. If I had not of been so nice, I might have given him a piece of my mind about his actions towards the kingdom. Oh well, that would have to wait for next time. Wait, what next time? I am never going to see him again, I realized. I flopped down on the bunk, hitting my head on the pillow and spreading out like a starfish.

I stared at the ceiling for a few more minutes before I concluded that my thoughts would have to wait until tomorrow, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep within seconds.

I woke at ten in the morning and went over to wear I sat my bag yesterday. I rummaged through it, picking up my toothbrush and paste, hairbrush, and fresh clothing. I headed over to the bathroom and locked the door once I stepped in. After getting freshened up, I went out of the room and into the bedroom.

I was looking at the ground when I heard a noise coming from the kitchen, which was separated by the closed door. My head snapped up at the direction of the sound and I waited to hear it again. There was a loud crash, so I scanned the bedroom for a potential weapon. I grabbed a long metal bar at the end of the room and slowly opened the door. I stepped out the door and gazed around. That was when I spotted him. Again.

The prince was standing in the kitchen looking down at what I was guessing was the crash. I walked over to the counter that separated us and pointed the rod at him.

"What are you doing in here?" I snapped at him.

Brendan's head perked up at me and faced me with a startled expression. He stared for a while then looked down at the rod I held right under his chin and looked back up at me again with pleading eyes. I lowered the rod and continued to glare at him.  He may be the prince but he has no right to invade somebody's room. We were looking at each other for what felt like eternity and I finally spoke up.

"Well, what are you doing here?"

He seemed to come back to earth as he stared, perplexed. "This is my room I just checked into. The question is what are you doing in here?"

I was taken aback by what he said. His room? Why would he check into a room this small? I thought he would want a larger, grander one. I regained my composure and once again glared at him.

"I got this room last night. How would you be able to get in when it was already occupied?"

He answered, "The man at the front desk said there was no one in it." He seemed to think about it as he groaned in realization why, "He probably only done that because of who I am."