A Fulfilled Promise

The battleground was set. The enemy, the titans, were ready for the Survey corps. If Eren and the rest wanted to get to wall Maria to seal the hole up they had to get past an army of titans. Scouts had confirmed that there were around 100 titans to beat before the Survey corps could get to the wall. There was about an hour left before they left the camp the Survey corps had set up near wall Maria, for what might be the last battle they'll fight. All of Squad Levi, save for Eren and Levi were eating. The mood was gloomy.

''This might very well be our last meal...'' Connie said as he looked at his half eaten meal. No one answered.

''Where's Eren? If this really is our final meal he should be here.'' Jean said. He turned to Mikasa since she always kept any eye on Eren.

''He said he needed some time alone.''

''Makes sens.'' Armin started.

''The fate of humanity is in his hands. If we win this battle he'll have to seal the hole up.''

''Not to mention he's the best chance we've got of wining this battle.'' Sasha added.

''I can't imagine what he feels...'' Armin said as he looked at his food. Mikasa looked at the direction were Eren had disappeared and then looked at her food.

There's something I have to tell him...

                                                                                                 ***

Time was up. The scouts were getting their final orders from commander Erwin. Everyone was present except Eren. Captain Levi had told his squad that Eren already knew the plan so he didn't need to attend the meeting. Mikasa was increasingly worried.

I NEED to tell Eren... Mikasa taught just as Erwin was explaining their strategy:

''We're facing up to 100 titans possibly even more, if we charge head on we will be defeated. Instead we will charge sideways and avoid as much titans as possible and make a break for the wall. The goal of this charge is to get Eren to wall Maria. He along with squad Levi will be positioned in the middle of the formation. Your job is to make sure Eren gets to the wall safe. This could be the key to defeating the titans! Good luck soldiers! Dismissed!''

''Yes sir!'' All the soldiers yelled in unison. Everyone headed towards their horses to get ready, everyone except Mikasa. She needed to talk to Eren. She found him beside his horse getting ready.

''Eren!'' She called out as she ran over to him.

''What is it?'' He asked not taking his eyes of the saddle he was attaching.

''There's something I have to tell you...'' Mikasa started. Eren stopped what he was doing and sighed.

''I also want to tell you something.'' He said turning towards the red scarfed girl. Mikasa looked at him intrigued.

''But...'' Eren started.

''I'll tell you after the battle'' Mikasa didn't like that idea.

''But what if something happens to us...?'' She asked facing her feet. It was something she didn't like to think about but it was a reality they were facing.

''Nothing will happen to us so we'll get to tell each other whatever we want to say after the battle.'' The titan shifter replied as he placed his hand on her chin and lifted her head. When his surprisingly gentile hand touched her skin Mikasa turned a light shade of pink. Eren smiled.