Chapter 7

Jade and Dave suddenly teleported to a random place in the woods. Dave didn't know where Jade has taken him, Jade didn't know where she had taken them either.

When they did teleport, Jade accidentally fell on top of Dave. They were both on the ground in the middle of the woods. Dave pushed Jade off of him as hard as he could while yelling, "Get the fuck off of me!!" Dave stood up as fast as he could. Jade did the same thing but went back into her human form as soon as Dave pushed her off of him.

Dave tried to grab his sword but then he realized that he didn't have it on him. He nervously look around the area he was in, thinking that he might have dropped it, but it was no where in sight. It was left at Jade's house. "Shit.", Dave mumbled to himself. He wasn't the greatest at hand-to-hand combat but he was kind of good. But when you're fighting against Jade Harley, you're screwed.

"You look nervous, Dave. Did you lose something?", Jade said mockingly. Dave shot a glare at Jade. His glasses fell off of him when they teleported here, so Jade was able to see his eyes. Dave ran towards Jade, about to throw a punch at her until Jade grabbed his wrist just before he did it. Dave ignored what she did and tried to throw another punch at her, but she quickly jerked her head back, which caused her to let go of Dave's wrist and fall backwards.

While Jade was on the ground she looked up to see Dave try to hit her again. Jade got really nervous so she quickly picked up a pebble that was near her and threw it at Dave. Dave stopped in his tracks and looked at Jade with a puzzled look. "A pebble? Are you shitting me?", Dave said. Jade picked up another pebble. Dave spoke, "That's not going to wor- Oh shit!", Jade threw the pebble during his sentence and then she made it into a boulder using her powers. So now planet fucking Jupiter was rushing towards Dave. Dave tried jumping out of the way, but his leg got caught under the rock.

Jade got up and dusted off her skirt she was wearing. She then walked over to where Dave was laying. She knelt down next to him and spoke, "Earlier today I realized something. I am not a criminal. People like you are."
"Oh really?!", Dave began, "Well people like me don't go around destroying villages and hurting people!! People like me don't want to over throw the prince to take over the kingdom!"
"Those were all accidents!!!" Dave immediately went quiet after that out burst. "I never intended to hurt anyone!! I had zero control over my powers, Dave! And also, I never planned, or ever will, to overthrow the prince and take over the kingdom! Like I said, Dave, people like you are criminals. You make up lies and jump to conclusions before finding out the whole story first! You blame and judge people for their mistakes!!" Jade's eyes were starting to tear up. "Now thanks to you guys, I have to hide in the shadows and pretend that I don't exist. I really don't want to hurt anyone, Dave. But when it comes to things like this..." Jade pulled out her gun that was shrunken in size from using her powers earlier. She turned it back to its real size and stood up. She pointed the gun at Dave and said, "I guess I have no other choice."

Dave's eyes widened as he started at Jade with the gun in her hands. He couldn't believe it. Was this going to be the end of him? He kept on starring at Jade with a look of horror on his face, waiting for her to just pull the trigger and get it over with.

Jade's tears came running down her face and Jade was starting to shake. She couldn't do it. She loves this man too much, and Dave can see all of this on the look of her face. Dave stuttered a weak, "Jade?"

Just then Dave saw Karkat running through the woods towards the two of them with his sickle in his hand. Jade turned to see what Dave was looking at and saw him too. Jade was about to point her gun at him and shoot but it was too late. Karkat stabbed Jade with the sickle. It went right through her. Jade gasped as her eyes widened and then collapsed on the ground. Jade lied there motionless and Dave just stared at her.

Karkat then yelled, "ARE YOU OKAY, DAVE?"
Dave took his eyes off of the lifeless Jade and looked back up at Karkat. He then stuttered, "Y-yeah. Just h-help me get this fucking rock off my leg." Karkat quickly got over to where Dave was and began pushing it off him as Dave helped him. Once it was completely off of him, Dave could definitely tell that his leg was broken. Before Karkat helped Dave up, he grabbed his sickle out of Jade. Karkat extended his arm out towards Dave and helped him up. They both put one arm around each other and Karkat began walking as Dave hopped on the leg that wasn't broken. As they walked away, Dave looked back at Jade.
Karkat noticed the sad look in his eyes and said, "EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?"
Dave stopped looking back and looked ahead of him and said, "Yeah, I'm fine."

They kept on going as Karkat said, "WHILE I WAS RUNNING OVER HERE, I CAME ACROSS THIS ORANGE GUY THAT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE YOU. BUT DON'T WORRY, I GOT HIM TOO. I FIGURED HE WAS WORKING FOR THE WITCH, OR JADE, TO BE EXACT."

After what seemed like forever, they finally got to Jade's house. Dave saw that there were fewer knights that were awaiting to go back to the kingdom. Dave also saw three unfamiliar looking people tied up. He pointed at them and said to Karkat, "Who are they?"
"I DON'T KNOW. I STARTED RUNNING OFF TRYING TO FIND YOU AFTER THE WITCH TELEPORTED YOU BOTH TO THAT PLACE."
Once they got over to where the three people were, one of them with black hair and dark green eyes yelled at Dave, "Where's my little sister, you fucking piece of shit!?!"
"Your little sister?", Dave asked, knowing who the man was probably talking about.
"Jade! Where is she?!"
Dave was about to say something but he just choked on his words. He couldn't say it. Just then Karkat was the one to answer, "SHE'S GONE NOW."

The three tied up people had shocked looks on their face. Dave didn't know why he was feeling like this. He's supposed to feel like he has done something great and heroic, but instead he feels like he has done something terribly wrong. Dave looked away from their faces and said, "Karkat, help me get to my horse please." Karkat nodded at the command and walked Dave over to his horse. He helped Dave get on and got on in front of Dave, since he would not be able to ride with the broken leg. "Let's head back to the kingdom.", Dave called out to everyone around him. They all began walking, and started their journey back home.

-o-o-o-o-o-

After a day had passed, they finally got back to the kingdom. Dave ordered to have the three people taken to the dungeon. Karkat helped Dave to his bedroom and to go get someone for his leg. Dave lied there, thinking about what had happened during the battle to keep his mind off of the pain from his leg. He thought about the way Jade looked at Dave when she was pointing the gun at him. He thought about how he watched her die and didn't do a single thing about it.

Just then Rose came rushing in with Kanaya by her side as Rose yelled, "I knew it!! I knew something like this would happen!!"
"Rose, calm down!! I'm fine!", Dave suddenly exclaimed.
Rose stood by Dave's bed and put her hand on her hip and with the other hand, pointed at Dave's broken leg, "Fine? You completely destroyed your leg!"
"That wasn't my fault!", Dave said.
"It's all your fault, Dave! You should've been more careful!!"
"Rose," Kanaya interrupted, "Dave has a point. It was not all of his fault. You are right, he should have been more careful, but at least he was not killed during the time being."
Rose sighed and put her hands up in the air, "You're right. I'm sorry. I guess I just got a little carried away." Dave rolled his eyes when suddenly two doctors came into the room. The three that were already in the room looked at the two men that entered the room. Rose looked at Dave and said, "I'll have a word with you later." Right when she was about to walk out of the room, she spoke again, "Oh, and that reminds me, Dirk wanted to talk to you as well. So once you're done with all of this, I suggest you go to see him. Dave nodded and Rose and Kanaya left the room.

The doctors looked at Dave's leg and began to set it. Once they were done, they put a splint on Dave's leg. They soon left after they were done telling Dave what to do and what not to do. They left wooden crutches by his bed for him to get around.

He continued to lie on his bed as he stared up at the ceiling. Dave's leg was hurting him so much that he didn't want to get up and go see his brother and talk to him. He decided to stay where he was. 'I'll just take a nap and talk to bro afterwards.' Dave thought as he closed his eyes. Once his eyes were completely shut, he continued to think about what had happened the day before. Even though he didn't want to think about it anymore and just get the memory out of his head, he couldn't. No matter what he did or what else he thought of, he couldn't get all the memories of Jade out of his head. Dave didn't know what was going on with him and he didn't want to know. He just wanted all of it to be gone, he didn't want it to haunt him in the back of his head anymore. He didn't want to feel what he was feeling anymore. Dave soon drifted off to sleep. As he did, all of his thoughts faded away.