Chapter 2

I woke up seeing light pink ballerina shoes sitting on the chair next to my bag an I knew Leah an my mother was somewhere. I heard laughter fill the room as they walked in with towels wrapped in there hair.

I tucked my bed head behind my ear and smiled at my mother an Leah who was equally excited to see me, I knew they went swimming downstairs when I felt Leah's damp arms wrap around my neck an hug me tightly.

"I missed you!"
I smiled, hugging her waist.

"I missed you so much"
She almost started crying.

Cameron rose up from her bed an smiled, her grin just as big as everyone else's, Leah excitedly jumped in bed with her and hugged her tightly, I smiled towards my mom who somehow hadn't even grew with age, but I'm glad she could remain young, we all wanted that when we passed 40.

"I heard your father left without waiting to see Leah"
My mother hugged me, obviously hurt that he gave Leah the worst treatment ever.

I nodded into her hug
"Yeah, he didn't do well with us either"

"Money doesn't solve everything, it just makes it okay for a short while, I figured that out when we owned that mansion and you all were 10 and he was gone and I had this big bank account that was just sitting there"

I nodded as Leah and Cameron stood up fixing there clothes.

"Cameron babe"
My mom smiled, taking her daughter in her arms.

I smiled back at Leah who seemed happy, I wanted to know how ballet has been and how Paris was treating her. She just gave me that soft smile that Cameron had, that I had, we all looked alike, but we were oh so different.

"So what did your father give you last night?"
Our mother sat on the couch next to the window.

Cameron looked to me before speaking.
"He gave us 4 million apiece to build a house anywhere we wanted, and to buy any vehicle place car whatever just send the bill"

"And where are the houses being built?"
My mother bit her lip, realizing that we were in fact 17 and a present like that was almost ridiculous.

"On a private island"
I spoke

Leah stared at the ground with her arms crossed.
"Paris- Paris is where I want to be"

Cameron cleared her throat, I knew she loved traveling , she didn't want to settle down she wanted to branch out and be adventurous.
"I guess - I guess Here, build my house here"

Once again, we were all going to our own worlds.

After hours of visiting I found myself straying to the limo outside that would take me too the other side of the country to go to an art exhibit that I was viewing. My mother hated to see me go but she knew it had to be done, plus my other sisters were there.

I sat in the limo and headed to the plane, or the private jet that my family owned, we each had one, and we each used them too our advantage. It felt like I blinked and I was getting off the plane landing in California where the cool night air wrapped around my Arms.

"Where too?"
The cab driver spoke as soon as I shut the door.

"Summer street art gallery"
I slid on my seat belt and pulled my backpack from my back and set it beside me.
Everywhere I went my laptop sat inside as well as my sketch pad. I carried my world on my shoulders.

"$13.21"
The cab driver spoke as we stopped in front of the familiar building.

I handed him a 20 and told him to keep the change, he smiled sweetly and wished me a great night and I disappeared into the building, the elevator music that played through the halls were enough to make my head explode but it calmed you down before you opened up the doors and seen all the people.

"Welcome"
The tall man in the suit smiled opening the large door for me.

I thanked him and slid into the room where beautiful pieces of art stood hanging on displays and people conducted business.

"You look lost"
A voice made me turn my head too see a young girl smiling at me.

"I look lost?"
I smiled.

She nodded and looked among the crowd
"Do you know anything about this stuff?"

I chuckled lightly and moved closer to her.
"I visit this place at least once every couple months, I like the art that comes through here, it never fails to catch my attention"

She nodded biting the inside of her lip impressed with my answer
"Reagan Armstrong"

I smiled nodding at her
"Katie- Katie Copeland"

"And a famous artist stands before me"
She blushed pretending to bow.

I shook my head motioning for us to walk and admire art and she graceful walked beside me, I could smell her perfume and it made me smile softly as it reminded me of something Leah would were when she was trying to impress a boy or when she wanted to boost her confidence before she went too a ballet recital.

"Do you paint?"
I asked, staring at the self portrait of an artist who was a step or two over amateur.

"I write, that's my art"

"Not a passion?"
I started playing with my hands.

She blushed once again catching view at an art piece that I liked when I scanned the room when I first walked in.

"Writing is my passion, I'm an aspiring author"

"How old are you?"

She bit her lip
"I'm 18, how old are you?"

"17"
I stopped at the painting she was staring at. It was a view of a car dashboard and hanging from the rear view mirror was a necklace an at the end was a keychain of the world. I just knew she had more to her story.

If you love art, if it's your passion I can only guess that you have been broken, or you never completely picked up the pieces.

I walked up to the artist who was nervous as I studied his painting an the only thing I wanted to do was buy it for her, for Reagan.

The tattooed art guy smiled at me as I approached him, I knew she was staring at me but I felt like it was what I needed to do.

"Has anyone bidded yet?"

He shook his head nervously and I smiled handing him a hundred dollars bill.
"Take that for catching our eyes and I'd like to bid a thousand for this piece"

His eyes widened as he closed his hand around the tip an I knew that whatever meaning he had behind this painting was replaying In his head.

"Did you bid?"

I nodded an took my place next to her, when the art exhibit was coming to an end I'd find out if I bought the art piece.

-

Several hours later an a few glasses of wine I found myself standing close to the painting I wanted, the artist nodded at me and I knew I had been the highest bidder and soon I was watching it being wrapped up and ready for transportation. I found Reagan finishing up her tour of the gallery and I stopped her.

"I don't know why, but I felt like I wanted to buy you something, I noticed that it caught your eye more than once, and if you could fill out this card with your address id like to ship it to your house free of charge"

"What?"
She smiled.

"It's a gift"

She nodded , that same blush rose on her face and I knew I had made an impact since that was like the millionth time I caused her cheeks to turn red. She gently handed me the card and bit her lip.

"It's nice to meet you Katie"

"You too Mrs. Armstrong"

I felt my cheeks turn red as her lips formed a perfect smile.

It was only meant to meet again.