Chapter 1

June 4, 2014 - Wednesday

August Anthony Alsina Jr.

Man I wanted more than anything to do was like. Like a nigga can't catch a break. I knew it was ma because she knew not to try to clean my room with I'm tryna sleep. That's the only time she'll leave me alone. Pulling the covers from over my head all I saw was ass and might I add it was just right.

"Aye." I said trying to catch whoever attention.

She turned around surprised and screamed tripping over some shoes. Had some damn lungs on her I had to cover my ears. "Mama Sheila....Ms.Sheila!!!"

She just kept screaming until I got up and sighed getting out the bed. "Look ma whoever you is, you need to calm down and-"

"Oh my God." She said looking down then ran out the door.

Looking down I saw I was just in boxers. Oh damn I forgot that quick, I grabbed some basketball shirts and my sides going downstairs. To find her rambling to Ma.

"Baby calm down, August will not be here until-"

"Last night," chuckling I caught them both off guard. Ma smiled and came over hugging me.

I missed her and this was a first she was here at my house. She did say while I was gone she would keep my place up and what not. Ma might have mentioned som about hiring some help.

Pulling away I caught ole girl rolling her eyes. Who pissed in her hot cheetohs? She kept muggin me and tried to walk out.

"Wait gal." Mama laughed calling her back. "August this is Cori and Cori this is my youngest boy August."

Cori...must me short or might just be her name. She still ain't want to look at me. "Nice to meet ya ma and sorry about what happened upstairs earlier."

She nodded waving me, "Naw you good just forget it even happen. Ms.Sheila I'm gonna straighten up in the kitchen and cook something."

Cori walked out and I took the time to panic, "Mama who this white girl bout to cook in my kitchen? Can she even cook? Fuck she about to burn my damn house down."

Running my hands through my hair groaning then stopped when I felt mama slap tha shit out of me."Now you watch ya mouth and leave ma baby alone."

Mama left leaving me rubbing my face and she still didn't answer my question. Can she even cook?
.
.
.
.
.
.

Cordelia Marianne Lynae Ri'Chard

Yes I'm still salty about earlier and then I probably had my ass all up in his face. There's no telling how long he was awake. Since I promised Ms.Sheila I would cook one of my mom's recipes the other day so that's what I'm doing. Except instead of just chicken in the Andouille Gumbo I'm adding shrimp and crawfish tails to it. Along with Bread pudding for dessert (That shit so damn fye lawd, I'll eat the whole damn thing to myself and suffer the consequences later). Just didn't know what would be best to drink. Guess I'm going with sweet tea.

I felt something brush passed me which surprised me to find him standing there. "Is there something I can help you with or are you just going to stand there watching me?"