Chapter 1

• Dedicated kay Daniel Young, my love.

---Picture of Brianna is in the Multimedia Section!----

Maldorin

The 13th day of the month of May, year 8007

Betrayal, complete and utter betrayal, that is what this is. All of this began when Drakoni learned of the Books of Markona, the books of light and darkness, the ultimate source of power and glory. However, I found them first, and hid them. Those who knew of them are gone and all but one of the books are scattered all across this land and the one that is not is entrusted in the hands of the one I trust most… The hands of time turned on me before I could finish my task but for now, our world is safe.

Brianna

                Screeeeech. Ach,  what is that awful noise? Screeeeeeeeeeech… I walked outside to investigate and down on the doorstep was a plain wicker basket. Looking around and seeing no one I bent down to see what could be inside and was taken aback by the intelligent violet eyes, button nose, and rosebud mouth that were on the visage staring up at me. I hurriedly checked the child for any injuries or signs of who he or she could belong to and found a simple note covered in an elegant scrawl tacked to the baby’s shirt.

Brianna,

You do not and will not know who I am, just know that this young one is the son of Maldorin the Wise. No one knows of his existence and if you succeed in this task no one ever will until the time is right. You and you alone are the last of the Circle who helped search for the Books. I only knew this simply because Maldorin trusted me with all. He himself did not know of his son’s existence, it was not supposed to have happened. The child has already shown signs of power that I know will surpass those of his father’s. He will need guidance and protection until he Blossoms, he has a great journey ahead of him. As I am gravely ill and can no longer watch over him I have sent my servant to deliver him on the day of my passing however; a charm has been placed on him and those who have seen the child to forget his existence the moment this note has been read. You must not speak of his heritage to anyone, not even your husband… No one can be trusted. The child’s name is Zeran, he will grow to be strong, wise, and gentle in your care. I know you lost your own child but a few months ago on the same night Zeran was birthed. That was when I knew what the Fates needed me to do. For all those who see him they will see your eyes and your husbands charmed smile. No one must know different. It is of utmost importance. My time is growing shorter and shorter but I can rest in peace knowing my son will have a home and be protected. Take care of him, love him, and when the time is right, teach him his heritage. You will teach him the ways of the light from the first Book. As the saying goes, he’s the apple of my eye. Tell my son that is was not my wish to part with him. I want nothing more than to raise him myself and watch him grow but the Fates have a different plan. Farewell.

Quickly looking around once again to see who could have possibly left him and seeing no one I gathered Zeran into my arms and carried him inside. My husband has been gone for months now so getting him to believe that Zeran is our own should not be too difficult a task… I hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for the support... Give me some comments and votes and we'll see where this story goes(: I'll upload as soon as possible.