Chapter Two

The brunette woke to a knock on her front door. She groaned as she stretched her arms above her, yawning. She had apparently fallen asleep on the keyboard of her computer, amidst making another demo for her hard-to-please music producer of a boss. Ever since Flashlight topped charts, he had been more insistent on her coming up with more catchy songs faster than ever before.
Another knock brought her back to reality, and she leaned back in her chair, slouching.
"The door is open!" Beca called, finally sitting up.
She heard the door open swiftly and abruptly hit the door-stop, and she swivelled her chair to face the newcomer, "Jesus Christ, Chlo, you trying to wreck my walls?"
"That's what the door-stop is supposed to help avoid." Chloe whisked past her, absently looking around.
"Come on in, then. Can I help you?" Beca asked the ginger, drily.
"Where are your bags?" Chloe asked, looking in random rooms down the hall.
"Excuse you! This is my house you're intruding on!" Beca yelled, getting out of her chair and rushing down the hall to yank Chloe out of her linen closet by the scruff of her leather jacket.
"You are supposed to be ready to go, Mitchell." Chloe protested, rubbing the front of her neck where the zipper had dug in.
"I had other... priorities." Beca lamely defended herself.
"Oh really? Which, fucking your boyfriend or making mixes?"
"Woah, hey, what's wrong with you?" Beca blinked at Chloe, surprised by her sharp tongue.
"Nothing, just had trouble sleeping, that's all." Chloe muttered. She made her way kitchen-ward, "I'll make some breakfast, you pack some things. We can buy toiletries in Vancouver."
Beca sighed and went into her room, closing the door behind her. She ruffled her unkempt hair, and started to pack a small bag with clothes. She was caught off-guard by Chloe's negativity, and couldn't figure out where it had come from.
She finished packing, double-checking she had everything, and proceeded to the kitchen.
"Hey, Chlo? Will we be staying in hotels? I'm just curious to know how easily I'll have access to laundry machines." Beca asked as she entered the kitchen, where Chloe was making pancakes.
"Yeah, hotels. Already have them all booked, too, don't worry about it." Chloe didn't look up as she spoke, her eyebrows creased with concentration as she whisked the batter.
"Chloe, are you sure you're doing okay?" Beca inquired, concerned, leaning on the counter next to Chloe.
Chloe stopped whisking and sighed, putting both hands on the counter and leaning back, "I'll be fine. Just abnormally stressed out, that's all."
"What's wrong?" Beca asked, "It's not like we'll be missing anything Bellas related. We aren't even IN the Bellas anymore."
"No, I know." Chloe looked at Beca, and sighed, "It's nothing, really. Would you like blueberries or something in your pancakes?"
"I don't have blueberries." Beca frowned at her.
Chloe held up a finger to signal she's be back, and left the house. Beca stared after her, bewildered, and Chloe returned with a small package of the berries.
"You just have everything figured out, huh? I wish I were more like you." Beca said, slightly impressed, taking the package from Chloe and opening them.
"Well, you have the creativity, I have the organization." Chloe said, finally smiling at Beca.
Beca couldn't help but return the ginger's heartwarming grin, and dumped the entire package into the batter.

***

Beca, needless to say, had never been on a plane. At least, not to a point that it really counted. She definitely wasn't prepared for a six-hour-total flight from Georgia to the Vancouver International Airport.
Beca kept herself busy, a mixture of screwing around on her laptop, obligatorily watching movies with Chloe, or watching the clouds outside her window seat.