"Remember when I would always take you to the park, and the whole entire time, all you would do was swing?" My dad asks with a smile.

"Yeah we would get ice cream than you would push me on the swings and I wouldn't let you stop until I could touch the clouds with my feet." I grin at the memory. I look down at the Christmas gift my dad got me. It was a heart shaped locket. On the inside was a picture of me and him when I was little and on the other side is a more recent picture of us taken by Drake when he came over for dinner. That was a good day. How could I not realize my dad was mentally ill? I was so young. So nieve.

"Lily I need to tell you something," My dad says his grin gone.

"What is it?"

"They moved the date up. I leave tomorrow morning for my job," He says with no emotion.

"You're leaving on Christmas?" I whisper.

"Sweetie, we can call eachother and write back and forth. That's why I wanted to spend today with you. I don't know when I will see you again, but I promise you it won't be in five years."

"I just got you back, and now you're leaving again," I state.

"I will always be here for you, no matter where I am in the world. I will always be your dad."

"Promise?" I question him.

"Pinky promise," he says while linking pinkies with me.

I go back to eating my ice cream while watching young kids interact with their parents at the park. "Mom invited me over for dinner. You wanna come?" I ask him.

"Oh...I don't know think she would appreciate my appearance."

I felt bad for my dad. His one true love cheated on him multiple times and lied to him. Maybe my mom's not his true love. I wish they could get back together, and we could start where we left off, but that's not going to happen. "Dad it doesn't matter. What matters is that I want you there."

"Okay I will go." He conceded.

We trek back to the car and head off to mom's house. When we arrive I look at the house, I'm shocked to say the least. The house is decorated in green and red lights, with fake snowmen and reindeer scattered across the lawn. Mom hasn't decorated for Christmas since dad was around. "What's a matter Pumpkin?" Dad asks, taking in my expression.

"Nothing," I shake my head. Does mom know dad's leaving...again? Maybe this dinner together wasn't the best idea. We walk inside, and my nostrils fill with the smell of cooked ham. Mom hasn't cooked for just me in years.

"Sugar? Is that you?" Why is she acting like this? She's acting like my real mom. It's sorta freaking me out.

"Yeah, mom I brought a guest."

"Oh okay dear, more the merr-" Her words die down when she sees my father. She coughs trying to cover up her dazed look. "Hello, Benjamin," She says with a smile. A fake smile I might add. I can see tears gathering in her eyes. Why is she sad? She broke his heart.

"Mom we're sorta hungry. We didn't eat lunch," I interject.

"Oh! Of course, come eat," She gestures to the table filled with food. Yum.

"Mom where's George?" I ask.

"He left," My mom says quietly. Way to open your big mouth Lily. I nod and focus on the food.

We make our plates and say grace. Mom never says grace. Is she doing this for dad? We continue to eat and we have small chat here and there. Mainly about me, school and Drake. My parents don't make eye contact through the whole dinner. They steer clear of anything that has do with there past relationship. "So, Dad what time you do have to leave?"