She returns the smile and nods.

"Why if it isn't Emily". I hear a voice say.

I turn to see Alexis , Adam's older sister. She never liked me and I would never know why. I treated her brother with so much respect and love.

I smile at her. She walks over with a little boy attached to her right arm. He was adorable with his big brown eyes.

"Hey Alexis" I say to her.

"My brother told me you were in town, I just couldn't believe it myself". She informs me.

Why in the hell would Adam be talking about me? .

"Is that so? , well yes I been back a few days now".

"Maybe we can meet up for some coffee?". She says bouncing the little boy up and down her side. He was making noises. You know the ones a toddler make when their about to cry?.

"Okay, before I leave, I'll give you a call". She nods and walks away.

Turning my attention back towards my mom she had a confused look on her face. I was more confused than her at the moment.

"When did y'all become the best of friends?". She ask laughing.

"I guess we both need that answer". I reply with a slight grin.

^•^•^•^•^

Everyone was eating outside today. Cam , my parents and I. Carolyn had something planned and didn't mind skipping out another 'family dinner'.

"I'm happy to finally have a son". My dad says."I can sure tell he loves you and I'm getting too old to protect you".

"Oh please, no one is as strong as you Daddy". I inform him with a small smile.

Cam smiles. "Thanks Dad".

My heart sort of melted.

"Isn't Carolyn married daddy?". I ask him.

"He left her after three months into the marriage". He informs me.

Tragic.

"God bless his soul". My mom says sadly.

I wonder why he left her?. Might of found out what a bitch she really was.

"Well let's toss, that maybe one day she will get married". Cam adds raising up his red drinking cup.

We all raise our cups and cheer. Laughing after we took a sip.

A knock at the door makes me stand up. "I'll get it".

I walk inside from the patio slide doors. Swinging the door open I seen that it was only Adam.

"Hey Em".

"Stop calling me that, seriously".

"Sorry". He raises both his hands in a surrendering position.

"What do you want?". I ask puzzled.

"Can I at least come in?". He ask peeking through the slightly open door."Or is your friend still here?".

I nod , pulling the door wide open. We walk to the living room and both take a seat.

"Well...". I trail off.

"Well I'm here because I need to talk to you". He states looking into my eyes.

"Then talk". I tell him rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry okay?, can you please forgive me, it's been years".