Unthinkable

Chapter 9 :

I stand here. Shocked. Confused. Yet hurt. I stare into the light brown eyes of the man who I once thought loved me. His pearly white teeth being shown with his smile . His tall but muscular physic. His messy chocolate brown hair that I fell for.

"Hey Em". Adam says show casing his perfect teeth.

"I..". I stutter out trying to contain my emotions.

"I heard you were in town and just wanted to say hi". He states.

Carolyn.

"Then say your hi and leave". A voice behind me joins.

I feel his hands crawl around my waist and I knew for sure it was Cameron. I felt saver in his arms . Like he was here to protect me.

"Also heard you were only staying a week, is that true?". Adam continues ignoring Cam and his death glare.

"I'm sorry but can WE help you?". Cameron ask raising an eyebrow at Adam.

Rolling his eyes Adam returns his attention to me. I sigh raking my hand through my light hair.

"Adam I think you should just go". I tell him pleadingly.

"Adam?". Cam ask turning me around to fully face him."The same asshole Adam? ".

I nod."Yeah, that's him".

"Okay". He nods.

Picking me up and taking me out of the way. Cam throws a welcoming punch to Adam's face. He stumbles but manages to catch himself.

Soon enough they were both on the ground pounding heavily at each other.

Was I actually getting turned on by this?. Two guys fighting over me?.

"Dad!". I yell running towards them trying to part them.

"Your a asshole man, how dare you come here and show your face". Cameron shot at Adam.

"And what makes you better for her than I was?". Adam shot back at him.

Hearing that Cam charges at Adam again. My dad rushes out the house and takes Cameron off of him. Holding him and yanking him inside of the house as he whispered something I couldn't quite figure out into his ear.

"Adam leave!". My mom yells towards him as she pulls me inside the house and slams the door shut.

Once we were inside we both run to the living room were dad and Cam were talking as Cam held his lip. I guess it got busted during the fight.

"Emily , get the first aid kit". My dad tells me holding up Cameron's face to examine it.

I run to the downstairs bathroom and grab the first aid kit from the cabinet. I bring it back to the living room handing it to my dad.

"Jimmy needs you over quickly". My mother tells my father. He nods and looks in my direction.

"Finish this up for me Emily, I'll be back soon". He says standing up and giving Cam a tap on his shoulder.

"Okay". I simply say sitting down and taking the peroxide , soaking the cotton and holding it on his wound."You shouldn't have punched him". I say in a low voice.

"He deserves worst than that for what he did to you Emily".

I couldn't help but smile at him.

^•^•^•^•^

I rub the back of my neck trying to decide what I should put into the shopping cart. My mom had her finger pressed against her tiny chin.

"I'll say pasta". I tell her with a smile.