CHAPTER TEN |:| I LIKE ...

C H A P T E R T E N |:| I L I K E . . .

a month after and a year before

September 6, 2006

"Okay, you have to listen carefully to the rules or else everything will be ruined."

I am sitting on the window side of the bus and Christian is sitting on the aisle, beside me. Being the gentleman that he is, I forced him to let me sit beside the window because I like the heat from the sun.

"Okay," Christian says as he faces me and puts his head down on the headrest.

We were absolutely bored after a few minutes of riding this bus because we left later than usual from school and it usually takes twenty minutes to reach my house.

"So, we will take turns saying something that we hate and something that we like. No cutting each other out, no letting your attention wander, no stopping in the middle of the talk, and you have to continue as soon as the other person finishes their turn. Understood?" I fix my uniform and put my bag away from dividing me and Christian so we can take this game seriously.

"What is the game called?" Christian asks. He looks tired after a day of school but not so tired that he'll fall asleep.

"I don't know." I hesitate before shaking my head. "But that's not the main point. Okay, I'll start."

"Of course, you always start first," he comments, and I roll my eyes at Christian's childishness.

"Okay, fine, I'll let you go first. But just because I am very very kind, not because you let me sit here." The sun's heat is very nice and warm as I lean my head on the window while looking at Christian.

He pauses for a while, thinking hard. It's not really noisy on the bus since it's a small one, so it's a good place to think.

"Okay, you obviously lost the game already. I just said no stopping," I scoff.

"You said no stopping in the middle of the talk. Well clearly, I haven't even started it yet," Christian rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest and looks at me with disappointment.

"Okay, okay. I'm wrong, you're right. Sorry. Now, can we please start the game?" I put my hands up in defense and can't help but look at his newly cut hair, which looks good on him actually, but I don't plan on telling him that.

"I like clouds. I hate swings."

I almost gasp at someone hating swings, but I remember that I should do my part already. "I like swings. I hate roller coasters."

"I like food. I hate unicorns," he says, as his lips are slowly turning upwards.

"I like unicorns. I hate foxes." I glare at Christian, knowing full-well that he is ticking me off by using the list of I like as what he hates. But it's true. Christian and I are a lot more opposite than it looks like.

For example, he is a boy and I am a girl. Okay, that was a weak example.

"Of course you'd like a mythical animal more than a real animal. I like dolphins. I hate milk."

"I also like dolphins. I hate waiting."

"I like rain. I hate studying."

"I like deer. I hate heights."

"I like heights. I hate girly shows."

"I like waterfalls. I hate-" I stop unknowingly as I couldn't think of an example and Christian catches me, pointing at me with a face of someone winning the bet.

"You stopped! I win! Now this just proves that you're such a great game maker and follower of the rules." Christian looks pleased. There's no hint of tiredness in his face anymore and I smile at myself knowing that I did that.

"Oh puh-lease, you're such a gentleman. You compliment me too much," I say dryly.

"Well, you do have very nice hair that you always seem to make look like a bird's nest. I should give you an award!" Christian is now beyond happy about teasing me and I growl in return.

"Well, you have very poor taste in fashion since blue isn't your color," I retort. I point at his jacket, knowing that it's his favorite one and I can't help but smile when Christian looks irritated.

"You know you love blue on me." His eyes twinkle with amusement, but his mouth says otherwise and pouts.

Oh yes, I like how your jacket makes your eyes more blue. I hate that you caught me on the spot.

∞ 🚌 ∞

"I've never had someone that knows me like you do. The way you do-oooo! I've never had someone as good for me as you. No one like you! So lonely before I finally found..." I look at Christian expectantly, wanting him to continue the verse.

"I'm not saying it. We'll just watch this movie because their voices sound much better than yours." Christian takes the High School Musical DVD from my hand and opens it to put the disc in the player.

"What I've been looking for," I sing happily and sit beside Christian on the couch.

After watching Zac, the main guy, singing with Vanessa, the main girl, I can't help but wonder out loud. "You know, Troy Bolton made it look so easy for someone to date a basketball player as sweet and charming as he is."

Christian stops eating the popcorn and looks at me questioningly. "Well, basketball players aren't that bad."

"You just say that because you like basketball." I roll my eyes and focus on the good looking guy on the television.

"Well, excuse me, I have been practicing a lot so I can join the team next year. Not everyone can be as great as Troy Bolton." Bless Christian for being such a good friend to watch High School Musical with me because it's my turn this time to choose what to watch. Right now, I'm proud that he even knows who Troy Bolton is.

"Well, I know that you'll do well and get in quite easily. Now, stop talking. Ever since you just declared yourself as a tween, you have been a lot more talkative."

"I'm thirteen. Teen as in teenager," he corrects me.

I didn't say anything back and sit quietly listening to Sharpay singing.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E :

This chapter is dedicated to sabbbycat because her story "The Strength of Us" caught my eye already with her blurb. I'm sure you'll get hooked, too! Plus I like her excitement when she gets the HSM reference <3

Feel free to express your love and thoughts by leaving comments down below or pressing the vote button :')

You may experience a deja vu moment over there.

Questions of the Chapter: (feel free to answer one or all of them)

1. What's childhood games do you miss playing with your friends?

2. What's your favorite childhood movie? Well, obviously mine is High School Musical.

3. What do you think of this chapter? This explains on why Massie said about the reference on Troy Bolton on the 2nd chapter, did it make sense now?

:)

edited by flourish <3