-Part 1-

I always thought these things were dumb. Even as a patient, I thought they were dumb. But now I've got to have mine. My "wish".

I'm not dying, am I? Those stupid programs are made for dying people. I'm not dying.

But it doesn't matter, because I got mine. And all that I really wanted to do was meet him. Even if it had to be out of pity.

Pity. That's what these programs are about.

I sat in the lobby next to a nurse. She stood next to my chair. Then he walked in.

The nurse helped me stand up and I immediately walked over to him. Without a word, he hugged me. Tight. It wasn't one of those celebrity hugs. It showed he wasn't here for pity. Being a bit shorter than he is, my face dug into his chest. That's when it hit me.

I actually was dying.

My tears stung hot on my cheeks. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. His eyes were watering too.

"Hi." I said. He laughed, the tears springing loose.

"Hi. You must be Jade." I nod.

"And you're Brendon." He nods.

"You're my hero." I say quietly.

"You're my hero." He says. I hug him tighter and bury my head in his chest,trying to hide the tears.

It was a mix of happy and sad, because was then that I realized that it was true. I really was dying.

-A/N: So this was a spur of the moment thing... I originally wrote this while I was stuck in a car for 30 hours. This was only a short story, so I don't think there will be another chapter. But I can add Brendon's POV if anyone would like that. Let me know what you think and if I should do that.