one

Ivana Natalia Hawkins

7:53 pm

"Ivana!" I heard my dad's voice from downstairs. I took my headphones out of my ears and paused Orange Is The New Black. I made my way out of my room and down the hallway.

"Coming." I yelled as I scurried down the stairs.

I jumped off the last step and walked towards the kitchen.

I swung open the kitchen door and saw the housekeeper, Georgia, putting away groceries.

My dad got up from the bar stool he was sitting on and came over to me.

"Hey dad!" I smiled while he pulled me into a hug

"Hi sweetheart. How was school today?" He asked me.

"It was good. I got back my history exam I took last week. I got 94% because I got two questions wrong." I told him.

He pulled away from the hug with a huge smile on his face.

"Congratulations Ivana." He said while high-fiving me.

"So I have to run by the office later tonight for a presentation. Are you going to be okay being alone for a few hours?" He asks me.

"Yes I'll be fine dad. Isn't Georgia going to be here though?"

"She asked me to have tonight off. I guess she's going out." He shrugged.

I nodded and he gave a quick smile and began to walk out of the kitchen, signaling that the conversation was over.

-

8:46 pm

Currently, I'm listening to music while cleaning up my room.

This whole day today there were sounds of moving trucks and loud voices outside. So come to find out, we have new next door neighbors.

They're still moving furniture inside the house but there are no truck sounds anymore. Thank God... because those sounds were so annoying and loud.

My dad left about twenty minutes ago and Georgia has been gone for a little less than an hour now.

So here I am all alone and bored. Not being able to-

*Insert le doorbell chime*

What the hell?

I slip on my sweatshirt and make my way out of my room. Almost slipping down the stairs, I make it to the front door.

"Who-o is it-t?" I stuttered, practically scared shitless.

"Neighbors." I heard an older woman's voice.

I let out a sigh and walk to the front door.

"Hello! I'm Patty Wilkinson. And this is my husband John Wilkinson. We're your new neighbors. We wanted to come introduce ourselves since we'd be living next door. Our son neglected to join us so you'll probably have to meet him another time." A red headed middle-aged woman said as she shook my hand. Her husband shook my hand shortly after.

"Okay well it's nice to meet you two. My name is Ivana Hawkins. I would invite you guys inside but I'm home by myself. I'm sure my father will invite you guys over for dinner soon. But thank you anyways for coming over and introducing yourselves. You guys seem like very nice people." I smiled.

"Oh no problem dear. We'll see you sometime soon. Thank you. Goodbye." She said as she walked away with her husband.

"Bye!" I called out and waved.