Chapter 17

​"Are you okay?" Kazuya asked as he walks me in front of my door.

​I smiled and then gave him a nod, "I'm just tired. Those articles pained my head." I complained that made Kazuya chuckle.

​"I'm sorry," he said and then tapped my head, "Go inside and take a rest then." Then he opened the door for me.

​"Yah, I will." I said nodding. And then I closed my eyes when he kissed my forehead.

​"I'll see you tomorrow."

​I smiled, "Bye."

​Kazuya gave me a gentle smile first before finally walking back to his car. And just like the old times, I watched his car until it's out of my sight.

​A heavy sigh came out from me.

​Happy. I should be happy.

​But...

​"Oji..."

​I shook my head when I remembered him again. Seriously, I should stop thinking about him already.

​I'm quite relieved that he never talked to me, never asked about anything, because if he did, I'm afraid I won't be able to think of an effective alibi to convince him.

​It's better this way right? Right now, he acts like he doesn't know me. He even looks coldly at me. And... it seems like, for him, I never existed. Which is very practical. I started to be his toy, and I'll always end up being his toy.

​Again, a heavy sigh came out from me.

​"Just... stop thinking about it Reika." I told my self.

​I was about to go inside my apartment when I received an e-mail from Setsuna.
---

​I automatically stopped walking my way inside Setsuna's room when I opened her door, my eyes caught Oji, who is leaning back on the wall.

​My heart started pounding to have him this close to me. Not as close as before, still, he's close to me.

​I saw how he smirked when he saw me came in, and then he looked at Setsuna. "What is the meaning of this?" I heard him asked.

​So, he doesn't know that I'm coming?

​Tom and Richard then stood at my back. It's like I'm totally trapped and there's no way that I can go out quickly.

​"You guys should talk." It's Setsuna. "Clear things out."

​Oji chuckled sarcastically, "About what?" he asked again.

​I feel like his way of talking and acting's pinching my heart little by little. He doesn't really care. I should know that by now. But...

​Why can't I just stop my self from hurting?

​I sighed, "What is this now?" I finally asked.

​Setsuna then looked at me, "I don't know why you're suddenly gone and then when you showed up, you're already a different person. What's up Reika? What has gotten into you? Why did you suddenly become like that?"

​"Became what?"

​"Please stop acting so cold! You should at least explain to Oji why..."

​"I just got tired being his toy." I simply said. Then I shrugged my shoulders and gave all of them a cold smirk, "Everyone gets tired into something. And I'm just like everyone."

​"So when you get tired to Kazuya, you'll leave him too?" it's still Setsuna.

​I gave the girl a cold gaze, "Who knows?" I said. Bitchy. That's how I sounded. But... can you blame me?

​Can anyone blame me?

​My heart was once cold, and when Oji came, he melted down the ice that I built without any warnings, but it's because of him that I was able to rebuild that iced-wall again, and right now, it's much colder, it's much tougher. It's because of him that I became worst. So can anyone blame me if I'm like this? Especially in front of him?

​I sighed, "I thought you called me up for something important." I said, and then turned around, my plan is to walk away but I was quickly stopped by Setsuna's voice.

​"A toy? If you're just a toy for Oji then he wouldn't...!"

​"Cut it out." Oji cut in, "Let her think what she wants. Let her do what she wants." He coldly added.

​My eyebrows met and looked at Tom and Richard who were also looking at me. And I don't know why my heart started pounding when I saw in their eyes how they want to tell me something.

And I waited for them to say something, but they just remained quiet so in the end, I left that place carrying a much heavier heart.

​"Let her do what she wants."

I closed my eyes. Do what I want? If I'm going to do I want... If I'll just do what I want then I won't leave your side Oji. I'll cling into you until you get tired and push me away."

I smiled bitterly. That's what I want to do. But, I already made my decision and I must stick with it.
---

"Quietly sitting there and doing nothing, this is not you Prince." It's Richard who had the courage to say something while they're drinking. "You never gave up what's yours easily."

He sighed harshly, "Just stop saying such things will you?" He requested so pissed.

"So you'll just let it go then?" This time, it's Tom.

"Bullshit!" He cursed and then stood up.

"Prince, asking her will not harm your pride." Richard advised before he finally walked away.

He tightly closed his eyes as soon as he stepped off from the bar.

"It's this day of the year again. I wish Oji is here. Hmp. That devil punk. I badly want to celebrate with him. I wonder where he is right now. Will he make a fuss if I'll tell him that I want to be with him? Will he flick my forehead instead? For the first time after sixteen years, can I make a birthday wish right now? Can Oji stay by my side forever? Heh! I curse that prince for making me love him this much!"

"I love you Oji... I love you so much..."

"I love you more than anyone else..."

"Whenever you're in front of me, my heart beats this fast. Not because I'm nervous or something, but because when I have you this close, I feel like I'm the happiest person in the world."

"I just got tired being his toy. Everyone gets tired into something. And I'm just like everyone."

"Fuck!" He cursed out of frustration.

"Prince!" He turned around when Richard called his name, then he realized that the two guys followed him.

"What is it now?" He cussed, thinking that they will bug him about Reika again.

​He just doesn't want to talk about the girl anymore because it's pissing him off so much!

Richard handed him a piece of paper, "Reika's address." The guy answered the question that he has in mind. "It's up to you if you're just let it go or you'll just let it be."

"This is the last time we will meddle with your business Prince." Tom joined the conversation. "We're doing this not because we want to pest you," the guy then shrugged his shoulders. "But because this is the first time that we saw you gave your full attention for a girl."

He looked away wearing a lopsided smile, "That's impossible." He just said but Tom and Richard just shrugged their shoulders as their response.
---

He sighed.

Full attention for a girl?

He quake his head when he remembered what Tom said. And out of anger, he crumpled the paper that Richard handed to him then threw it to the floor.

Why will he do such thing? Why will he give his attention to a girl? He never did that to anyone! And he never will!

But...

"Quietly sitting there and doing nothing, this is not you Prince. You never gave up what's yours easily."

"Damn!" He cursed and then looked down. But he accidentally saw the piece of paper that he just threw.

"Reika's address. It's up to you if you're just let it go, or you'll just let it be."

"This is the last time we will meddle with your business Prince. We're doing this not because we want to pest you, but because this is the first time that we saw you give your full attention for a girl."

He stared on the paper.

"Prince, asking her will not harm your pride." After a while of staring, he then gritted his teeth. "Fuck!" He cursed out of frustration, but in the end, he found his self picking up the paper again.
---

​I've already wasted hours of lying in my bed but I just couldn't sleep!

​Exhaling heavily, I stood up and walked back and fort in front of my bed.

​But still...

​"Damn!" I cursed so frustrated.

"Let her think what she wants. Let her do what she wants."

I quickly opened my eyes when I remembered what Oji said last time.

Come to think of it, Setsuna's talking to him too casually, and the girl even managed to drag him in her house, since when did they started talking to each other too casually? It's like something happened while I'm gone.

Ah! I don't know!

I looked at the clock, instead of doing nothing here, I'll just go outside and take a walk and go home after I got tired so I can already fall asleep.

Pulling out my coat from the hanger, I turned the knob and opened the door.

Only to be stunned.