Testing the Limits

Start from the beginning

"How long are you two asshats gonna make googly eyes at each other?" Gabriel suddenly chirped, breaking the tense moment.

Sam let out a breath of air that he hadn't even realized that he was holding. He stood up stiffly, the spell in the room now broken with the archangels words.

"Fuck off." Dean grimaced, trying to hide the blush that was rising in his soft freckled cheeks.

"You need a room you two?" Gabriel smirked, a mocking tone in his voice.

"We're fine Gabriel. We've got important business to address." Castiel answered, his gravelly voice sounding even thicker than normal.

"Are you sure? I mean, I think if shorty over there was still a dude he'd be rock solid in his jeans." Gabriel commented, winking at Dean.

"Oh yeah? Are you sure you're not jealous? I bet you can't even get it up when you want to you fucknut. I mean how old are you now?" Dean snipped glaring at the archangel.

"Oh little Gabe is just fine thanks for asking, your brother knows." Gabriel responded.

"Come on leave me out of this." Sam groaned, "Like Cas said, we've got problems."

At that, Dean seemed to snap out of his embarrassment fueled sarcasm as he took his first real look around the room.

"Where the hell are we anyways?" Dean asked after a minute.

"Abandoned warehouse." Cas said his deep blue eyes scanned the area.

"Great, so basically the setup of every horror movie ever." Dean complained.

"Don't worry Dean. It's safe, Gabriel Alcatrazed the place." Sam explained.

"Fantastic..." Dean grumbled not feeling much better about the location. In a moment of realization Dean's head shot up and he suddenly asked, "Wait, where did you guys leave the witch chicks?"

"There under control." Gabriel assured Dean. "They're not getting out anytime soon."

"Let me at 'em, I need to hit something and they're the perfect candidates." Dean snarled, standing up and squaring his shoulders.

"Sit your ass back down princess. We'll deal with them later." Gabriel scoffed, folding his arms.

"Like hell we will!" Dean snapped.

"You'll have plenty of time to assess your dominance later He Man." Gabriel told him.

Begrudgingly Dean stayed where he was while shooting Gabriel a dark look.

"So what happened to you guys?" Sam asked as he tried to redirect the conversation.

"Angels, they found us. The nephilim is getting easier to sense any they must have been in the area. As we were leaving five of them found us. We killed two of them, but Dean was injured so we had to retreat." Cas explained.

"I was fine Cas..." Dean complained.

"You could barely stand Dean." Cas said flatly with a sharp piercing look at the hunter.

"We could have taken them!" Dean exclaimed, getting fired up again.

Castiel's face was hard and cold, glaring at Dean with the wrath of heaven. Dean had seen that look before, it was Castiel's smiting face, but the hunter didn't care.

"You do realize that if the angels do get their hands on you they will kill you in order to rid the earth of the nephilim." Cas said, his voice low and dangerous. "Right now they are willing to do anything to get rid of the nephilim developing inside of you. You should know better than anyone that there are some fights you can't win."