Sparrow smiled as Norrington released his arm, revealing the flash of a few gold teeth. "Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please."

I stifled a laugh as Norrington responded. "Well, captain. I don't see your ship?"

Sparrow nodded apologetically, swaying slightly. "I'm in the market, as it were."

Murtogg spoke up. "He said he's come to commandeer one."

"Told you he was telling the truth!" Mullroy told Murtogg with a triumphant grin. "These are his, sir." He sobered and stepped up the the Commodore, handing him what I assumed to be Sparrow's effect.

Sparrow looked unhappy as the weapons were handed to Norrington. I studied him critically as his eyes did a quick sweep of his surroundings, meeting mine for a split second. He winked at me; I was startled but grinned back.

"One pistol, one shot, no additional powder," Norrington began, picking up each item as he spoke. "A compass that doesn't point North," I saw Sparrow give a slight eye-roll at this, as Commodore Norrington unsheathed his cutlass half-way, studying the blade. He sheathed it with a flourish and pushed away the weapons. "And I half expected it to be made of wood."

Sparrow smiled, his eyes narrowing.

"You are without doubt the worst pirate I have her heard of." Norrington continued, staring daggers at Jack.

Jack grinned and bowed once more. "But you have heard of me." He said, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

He was jerked roughly to the side again as two soldiers cuffed his hands.

"Commodore, I really must protest!" Elizabeth shouted angrily. She shrugged off her blanket and grabbed my hand, startling me, and pulling me up front, in front of Sparrow and the officers, who seemed to be having issues with the handcuffs.

"Pirate or not, this man saved my life!" She hissed, her eyes flashing.

I, all at once, realized that I, too, was not altogether happy with the current arrangement.
"Elizabeth could be lying on the ocean floor it wasn't for him!" I stood my ground next to Elizabeth, adopting a protective stance.

Norrington put on his 'I must sugar coat the truth as I am talking to a child' face. "One good deed is not enough to pardon a life of crime, Elizabeth."

"But it seems enough to condemn 'im," Sparrow commented as the officers finished cuffing him.

"Indeed." Norrington glared at Sparrow.

I stepped forward, about to continue my crusade, when Sparrow sighed, "Finally..."

I heard Elizabeth exclaim in anger and surprise. I whirled around to see that the pirate had his cuffs around her neck, and was holding her to him with a cocky smile. My temper flared and I glared at him. His eyes flickered to me, and then back to the gathering of Navy officers and the governor. "Commodore Norrington, my effects, please? And my hat!" He asked.

Elizabeth's face was furious. I glanced at Sparrow and then back at her. He won't hurt you, I mouthed. She gazed at me questioningly.

"Commodore?" Sparrow demanded sharply.

Norrington looked absolutely furious but turned around for his things.

"Elizabeth, it is Elizabeth, isn't it?" Sparrow asked her, holding her tightly as she struggled.

"It's Miss Swann!" She bit back.

"Alright then, Miss Swann, if you'd be so kind," He said as she was handed Sparrow's items. He spun her around so they were face to face, taking his pistol and pointing it at her head. "Come, come, we don't have all day."