Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Today's the day' Ashton mumbled, his fingers tracing patterns all over Luke's torso. The older boy hummed and ran a hand through his flat hair  "i know baby , i'm so nervous" the older boy sighed making Ashton giggle "don't worry you'll be fine, i know you can do it"

The curly haired boy placed his hand on Luke's cheek , thumbing over the skin a few times "you're amazing at what you do and they will love you ,don't worry " he whispered before kissing his boyfriend one last time and getting out of bed.

Luke groaned but copied Ashton's actions and let himself roll out of bed too, they both quickly showered together and got dressed before walking downstairs to prepare themselves some breakfast, it was a Saturday and the entire Irwin household was still sleeping at barely half past six in the morning and Ashton could be sleeping too but he wanted to support his lovely boyfriend in all glory tonight, even if that meant getting up at 6 and having to travel half of the day with Luke and his team mates.

Ashton would be one of the only people to have ever traveled with the actual team in their bus but Luke somehow persuaded coach to let his boyfriend tag along.

After both of them ate breakfast they silently left Ashton's house and got into Luke's car, driving towards his apartment to pick up his gear and Calum. 

The ride was silent , Ashton was almost half asleep with his head pressed uncomfortably against the window the entire ride towards Luke place. There were a few blink-182 songs playing from Luke's old cd that he somehow still owned after 10 years or something. 

Luke gently placed his hand on the younger boy's thigh , giving it a small squeeze. Ashton's lips curled upwards in a smile as he placed his hand on top of Luke's and intertwined their fingers "i can't believe it's today already" Luke whispered "yeah" the curly haired boy responded sighing and looking out of the window , the weather was lovely this early in march reminding him about everything that would be changing when he would be graduating high school.

"what's bothering you ,Princess?" Luke asked, casually glancing from the road ,down towards his frowning boyfriend "nothing" the younger boy shrugged making Luke roll his eyes.

The blonde looked back at the road again before speaking "explain the frown on your face then" Luke chuckled , adjusting his sunglasses on his face. Ashton let out an annoyed puff of air.

 "fine, i'm just worried about what happens after all of this, i'm graduating soon and there's a big chance you'll be playing professional hockey and it scares me , i don't want to share you with the world because i know i'm gonna loose you to all those people and i'm just not ready to have my life thrown upside down again because i like the way it is now , i like this, us" Ashton explained, whispering a soft "i don't want to loose it, loose you because i just got you" 

By the time Ashton finished his sentence Luke had parked the car in front of his apartment, sighing the boy took of his sunglasses and turned himself in his seat to look at his pouting boyfriend. "Ashton" Luke sighed and opened his mouth just be cut off by the younger boy "i know i sound selfish and stupid " Ashton whispered,keeping his gaze on their intertwined fingers in his lap.

"Ash, Princess" Luke sighed ,adding a soft "look at me" making Ashton look up at him "I wish i could tell you how everything will be in a couple of months but the truth is, i can't , nobody can. I just know that i would love to be with you for a very long time, hopefully forever, i don't want to think to far ahead i just know that i will do everything to make us work out , okay?" 

Ashton was silent as Luke spoke, letting the words really get to him and feeling his heart beat starting to pick up when Luke said that he hoped to be together forever."okay" Ashton smiled and leaned in to kiss Luke, connecting their lips shortly "don't be afraid Princess , we'll make it work " Luke whispered softly , brushing some curls out of Ashton's face.