Number 2.

As much as Alex liked Jack (and he really, really liked Jack) he will never understand why he agreed to tutoring him in chemistry. It was hard enough just talking to him, now he was going to be in his close personal vicinity and wondering how he was going to breathe.

"And you haven't asked him out yet, why?" Spencer asked, putting his math book in his locker and replacing it with his English stuff.

"It's hard. I mean, what if he says no? Or laughs at me? Or both? I won't be able to. I mean he's so like out of my league and he's so hot and he's not exactly smart but that just makes him even cuter. Help me, Spence!" Alex pleaded, fluttering his eye lashes and pouting.

"No. And stop talking like that. You sound like a teenage girl. It's sickening."

Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Spencer closed his locker and headed out to the spot under the tree where the rest of their friends were, Alex trailing along behind him.

•~•

"Hey guys what's up?" Rian said when Alex sat down beside him and stole one of his twizzlers.

Before Alex could answer, Spencer chimed in with "We were just discussing how much of a floppy cock Alex is. Oh, and how he should stop watching chick flicks."

"Christ, Gaskarth. You still hung up on that Barakat dude? Grow a pair and ask the poor guy out. I'm sure he's ready to experiment with chemistry, if you know what I mean!" Rian added with a wink.

"It's not that simple. And anyway, if you're implying sex, that's biology. He passes that class." stated Alex, noticing how interesting the grass was and feeling his face turn bright crimson.

He heard Spencer laugh and Zack shout "buurrrnnn" at Rian, and Alex just continued eating his twizzler.

•~•

It was 3:45 pm and Alex had Jack for a tutoring session in 5 minutes so he decided he may as well rest his eyes until Jack got here.

He heard him entering, shouting at his friends that he'd be an hour and then they'd go to the ice cream parlor or somewhere.

Lifting his head off the table and rubbing his eyes he took in Jack's appearance and yeah, he was a goner. He was a goner since Jack walked into chemistry 4 months ago, saying there was no room in woodwork and this was the least suckiest option available. After 4 fails and an assignment that wasn't turned in, Mr. Brennan had enough and assigned him to Alex. Jack offered to pay and everything but Alex refused. He would've felt guilty taking money from him.

"So, you ready to study the wonder that is atoms?" Alex asked, amazed that he could actually speak to him. Wow.

"No. I'd rather be going home and watching the game, but that's not gonna happen, is it?" Jack said, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Oh, well we could always reschedule. If you want. I mean I'm free whenever and...." Alex stammered, not ignoring the slightly disappointed feeling.

"I was joking. There is no game. God, for a smart guy, you're pretty dumb." Jack chuckled, flashing Alex one of his cheeky smiles.

"Right ok. Well uhm, yeah, go to page 165 and we'll... Yeah."

•~•

That night as Alex lay on his bed, he admitted that yes, he was in fact, a great, big floppy cock. What could possibly go so wrong when he asked Jack out? Yes, he could say no, and Alex would be upset for a while, but he'd get over it. Eventually. Damn, he wished he knew how to do this crap. He didn't actually watch chick-flicks, no matter what Spencer said.