"I'm sorry. But you can't tell him." Cori whispered sadly.

Now it was my turn to scoff. "Well, like I said Rick, our leader knows, so he's going to find out anyway so bang goes that theroy." I snapped, now annoyed.

Cori nodded, appearingly not fazed by my annoyed retort - or if she was, she didn't show it.

"You're right. It's better if your leader tells your brother and everyone. If you try to tell him yourself, he might find you crazy." She smiled kindly.

I couldn't argue with that. "Ok, you win. Thank you for fixing me and your hospitality but can I go now?" I asked.

They nodded. "Sure. We'll escort you there." Cori said. I noticed Caleb was smiling knowingly. Of course he had his heart set on setting up camp at the farm. I bit my lip suddenly doubting that Hershel would let them stay. For whatever reason Hershel and Rick had disappered couldn't have been a good one. Nothing good happened nowadays.

I nodded back and smiled. "Ok, thanks." I said. They smiled back and we made our way out of the house. Suddenly, a herd of walkers besieged us. 

Weaponless, all three of us quickly jumped into the truck. Cori struggled to start it up but eventually managed to as Caleb and I rolled the windows up while hitting the walkers in the head with tennnis racquets that I had found on the floor by the back seat.

We sighed with relief, as we quickly sped away - well as quickly as a Chevy could go. We made sure that the walkers weren't following us to the farm. They weren't - they were clustered around the house trying to get in for some inane reason.

"Shit!" Caleb exclaimed. "Well, i guess we're defiantley crashing at your farm then if those are still around by the time we get back."

Cori braked the car so hard, I had to hang on to the back of Caleb's seat  so tight in order to prevent being flung out the windshield. Luckilly Cori and Caleb had their belts on or they would have been walker takeaway in a few seconds.

"What did you just say, Caleb?" She asked, her brown eyes angry.

Caleb gulped. I'd never thought he'd be scared. It was kind of funny if Cori, for all her kindness, didn't have such a terrifying temper as she did now.

"Um, well, I kind of asked Angel here if her leader would mind if we joined the farm, ya know, like we talked about?" Caleb offered, hoping that Cori would see his point.

She didn't. She was seething. "ARE YOU CRAZY, CALEB! YOU DON'T JUST ASK A STRANGER IF WE CAN STAY WITH THEM!" She yelled. I was grateful that the windows were safley up or we would be in deep shit. Her voice would have attracted every walker in the whole country.

"Ok, Ok. I know. Don't have a cow, sis. Anyway,  you were the one that said that we needed to move somewhere else because that house would be a deathtrap if a herd of those things invaded." Caleb retorted stubbornly. God, it reminded me of Daryl and I when we were both being stubborn.

"Yes, I know I said that, Cal. But I didn't mean ask a little kid who was nearly going to get chewed on when I found her. We don't know her. No offence, you're a great girl, but we can't take that risk, ok?" She said, turning to me and smiling apologetically.

Even though I was hurt at being called a "little kid", I smiled back kindly. "Hey, don't worry 'bout it. I understand, you got to be careful, I totally get that." But, look, I'm involved now. I can't turn my back on you guys and leave you stranded if the walkers are all over your house. It'll give me peace of mind if you come stay with us. I'll persuade Hershel somehow." I said. 

Cori thought for a second, pursing her lips. Then she sighed. "Ok, we'll stay with you. If your leader agrees, that is." 

I smiled and felt like cheering. But I held back. "That's great." I said.