Chapter 1

"So? Have you met any hot boys yet?" My best friend asked -out of curiosity- squealing through the horn. I laughed, switching the phone to the other side. "No, Emma," I silenced her -unneeded for- excitement, adding a short laugh at the end. "I just moved here."
"Your point?"
"I still have to unpack everything." I stated, opening a new cart board box at the same moment with my free remaining hand. "As the matter of fact I am unpacking at this very moment." I clarified.
"Whatever, if I had been you I would have met every living soul out there already!" She announced.
"You I know you would have, Emma."
"So why haven't you?" I groaned.
"Stop pestering me about this, Emma!" She giggled, knowing she had hit a nerve.
"I know you are not exactly a social butterfly, but at least try to fit in there, Des. You will have to make new friends there." She reminded me. I sighed, giving up with unpacking as well, jetlag finally getting to me.
"I know, I know. I just don't want to think about that just yet. Those are things I'll deal with tomorrow.

"Fine, but once you meet a hot guy, promise me I'll be the first one to hear about it?" She said more in a demanding kind of voice. I could already imagine her bouncing on the edge of her bed in anticipation.

"I promise you that you will be the first person to know." I said in a bored tone. My life was anything but exciting. She would he waiting on empty news. My love life? Is none existing.
"I'll keep you to that promise, Destyni!" She said in a stern voice, I knew she was faking it though, I could hear her stiffle a small giggle at the end.
"I would never lie to you" I promised
"I know."
"I have to hang now. I still have to unpack a lot of stuff." I realized.
"Well doesn't it just suck to be you." She joked.
"I can feel your sympathy all the way to Bradford, I appreciate it!" I sarcastically shot back.

"Goodnight, Des" she laughed. I was going to miss her, and her lame and dry sense of humor no one but herself seems to understand.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I tossed my phone onto the -still unmade- bed, I'll probably lose it somewhere between all the pillows and sheets like I always do. I plopped myself down on my new bed and let out a deep sigh.
I was happy we moved here, not happy that we had to move, but this place doesn't seem bad. And that coming from a typical wallflower, most people would think I would hate moving to a place where I knew not a single soul.

"Destyni! Can you please come downstairs for a minute honey?" my mom yelled. I hopped back onto my feet and made my way downstairs.
I'm here" I said while putting my hands on my mom's shoulders from behind her. She jumped a little, probably not expecting me to be there so quickly. She glared at me.

"Don't scare me like that Destyni" she grumped. I smiled innocent. But on the inside I was rolling my eyes in annoyance. My mom is extremely lame and boring some times. She doesn't understand the easiest joke.
"You called for me? Did you need my help for something?" I asked her.

"I just want to tell you that you are going to finish your last semester at Tong High School, it's really close by." she explained. I groaned.
"Did you have to call me down here for that?" I whined in annoyance. I rolled my eyes at my mom.
"Don't roll your eyes at me Destyni." I groaned again. why is she always so boring?

I walked back to the stairs and walked back up to my room. I liked my new room. My walls were dark blue and they had pictures on them from my friends from Providence, Rhode Island. I know it's FAR away from where I am now. but my dad got transferred for a new job. So it's for the best.
My room was not that big, but it was big enough for me. I had a king sized bed shoved up to my wall. And I had a desk in the left corner of my room.
And lucky me! I had my own bathroom. So that means I don't have to share with my little sister. Ow yeah did I tell you that? No? ow well I have a little sister, her name is Skylar.
She is an annoying prick, but I guess all little siblings are. She is 7 and I am 17.

I started unpacking some of the boxes that were shoved into my room to make some space in the hallway.
I wasn't really in the mood for unpacking so I only did the most important boxes, like my clothes and bathroom stuff.
Once I was done putting away my clothes in my closet I noticed it was already dark. Well I guess I am not that tired because of the time difference. And because I kind of slept in the car on our way here.
I sighed and I made my way over to the window. I had a view of the street. you could see our porch from here and you could see the house on the other side of the road. There was motor parked in front of it.
The street was dark, except the streetlights who just turned on.

I don't know how long I had been looking outside the window but I guess it was pretty long because the next thing I knew the door from the house on the other side of the road flew open with much force. Walking out a dark figure.
He slammed the front door shut and walked over to the motorcycle. I raised my eyebrow.

Is he our neighbor? I wanted to see how he looked like but I the dark sky didn't allow me to. He saw him pulling out a pack of cigarettes. And I let out an inner growl. I hate smokers. I hate smoke. It's not healthy.

And it smells TERRIBLE. The guys leaned against his motorcycle while puffing out the smoke. I was about to turn away from the window.

Not wanting to be seen by this guy, but I guess I was too late, cause the next thing I knew he was already looking at me. a shiver went down my spine.
He stared into my eyes, his eyes were dark, almost black, but suddenly they began glowing.
I wanted to look away but I couldn't, it was like my body was being controlled by something or someone else. The guy throw his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it, still not breaking eye contact with me.

He pushed himself away from his motorcycle and walked towards our garden still looking up at me through my window.
A weird smirk with a glint of evil was plastered on his pace. I couldn't really see his features because of the dark but his eyes were noticeable, they were red?
I was getting scared and I wanted to turn away and get away from that window but my body didn't listen to what I wanted it to do.
The dark figure opened his mouth to speak.
"what's your name beautiful" he smirked. And with hearing his voice I snapped out of the weird trance I was in earlier. I quickly took a step away from the window but I was still able to see him a bit.

I wasn't going to tell this freak my name. not in a thousand years.
"you don't need to know that" I snapped at him. and with that a bigger smirk appeared on his face.
This guys is really a creep!
"just tell me love" he grinned.
I shook my head 'no'.
"I will never tell you my name, I don't even know you and you are creepy, just get of our garden and leave" I hissed.
I expected him to move and leave but he didn't. he just stood there. I noticed he kept trying to make eye contact with me but I kept looking away every time.
What the hell! This guy is freaking me out!
"Destyni! Can you come downstairs again honey!" my mom yelled. I groaned loudly and I heard the guy laughing.
"I'll see you again Destyni" he grinned and in a blink he disappeared. A shiver went down my spine.
What the hell!
I hope I DON'T see him again.