16. Illegal weekend

**The next day**

Whole saturday I was thinking that how I could get money. There was legal choices and illegal choices. All sounded impossible.

I watched the sack of my drugs. I sighed. I want to sell them to get money, but I also need to take them. But I promise to myself, I won't buy more drugs.

I couldn't get any working ideas.

I sighed. I don't know how i'm gonna get through this, but I have to. Mike don't know how to help me, my dad won't help me, my mom don't care to help me and I don't know anyone else.

This time, I gotta do this on my own. How? I'm fucked up. How i'm gonna get money when I barely can live with myself?

Just in a minute my door opened. I quickly put the drugs back to my pocket and watched up from my laying position, seeing my dad on the door. And what he wants?

"Chester. Go to the store and buy some food for today"

I raised my eyebrows. "I don't have money"

My dad pulled twenty bucks from his pocket. "Now you have"

"It's saturday, I would like to rest today"

"You can rest tomorrow"

"But I don't-"

"Just go to the fucking store!!" my dad yelled.

I got my shoes and jacket, standing up. I took the money and walked to downstairs.

"I will take the change back!" he yelled and I closed the outer door.

For sure he will take them. Nope.

I walked to the nearest store, that is also smallest one in this city. There's just simple stuff, and you can see the cashier when you step in. I pulled my hood deep over my head, taking a dark shadow to my face. I don't like to show my face when i'm out.

I stepped in, and started to collect some food. Fortunately, dad didn't say what I have to buy, now he can't say I bought wrong stuff.

Little later, I went to the cashier. She smiled and took the prices of my items. They made altogether 18.85$

I gave her money, but she shrugged, and said "I'm sorry, are you in hurry?"

"No, why?" I said, my voice sounded more low than I expected.

"I don't have small coins, could you wait a minute I go get them from the backroom?"

"Of course, no hurry" I said and packed the items to my backpack.

She walked to the room, leaving me alone in the store. I watched around and there was no one else but me.

Then, I noticed the she left the cash register open, it full of big money.

I bit my lip, idea of taking them burning inside of me. My heart beated faster. Could I do it? I watched around, still alone. I breathed deeper, trying think what I do. The seconds felt like hour. I need money.

I heard some noises from the backroom. I took my last deep sigh and bended over the cash register, taking one bundle of money. I quickly put it into my jacket's pocket that's inside and ran away.

I heard yelling behind me when I pushed the door open. I didn't stop running, I didn't turn around. She couldn't have seen my face. Well maybe she did, but not like she could spot me if I walk on the street.

I felt scared. What if i get caught? Without doubt i'm going to jail. Is this how i'm gonna live? Robbing small stores to get enough of money to pay drugs. The future doesn't look bright at the moment. My heart beated so hard it felt like i'm gonna pass out.