Revolution? There will be no such thing!

"How could you say that about our Tsar?" I asked the stranger, dumbfounded.

One of the dancers who I had seen audition today, had brought her boyfriend into the school. Something Madame Markova would NOT be happy about.

"You heard me, you silly little girl. The Tsar deserves to die for what Russia is going through!'

"Nyet! No! You are the silly one! The workers just need to learn not to complain so much! Perhaps even calmly send a letter or something to the palace! Not march around with signs screaming and yelling." I felt my face, burning, from my anger.

"Annika!" Katya called out, coming down the hall. The large man fighting with me turned around hotly, to see who was yelling. Then he turned back to me.

"You silly little ballerina, one day your life will be more then dancing around a stage. Then you will understand!" The large man, shouted at me.

"Sir I think it is time for you to leave and also leave my little sister out of politics, which a young girl has no business in."

"You ballerinas will soon see the end of your beloved Tsar!" The man yelled at us as his girlfriend dragged him out of the room. I just snorted in disgust. The Tsar would be forever and always as far as I was concerned.

"He's wrong! Papa would never let the tsar die!" I said turning to Katya." She just shook her head.

"Nyet, molodoĭ. He won't. But you shouldn't get involved in politics. It is not our place." She placed a loving hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Oh I guess you’re right. Besides as long as Papa is one of the Tsar's guards we need not worry!" Our Papa was one of the Tsar’s guards and our brothers were in the Russian Army. We were very proud of our brothers and Papa.

"Come now, Annika. Practice for sometime...oh and Madame Markova is naming the girls who will be playing in The Nutcracker, and what parts they will play." She smiled at me.

. It was funny how opposite we were.

Her with her fair blond hair and sparkling blue eyes. Me with brown curls and flashing green eyes. Her so much like Mama me so much like Papa.

"Da! I heard! I am so excited!" I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep or eat until I knew which part I was getting. Every night I prayed I would get the part of Clara. I quickly went to go practice awaiting the moment I would learn my part.

"Alright girls settle! Settle down!"Madame Markova a stern looking woman paced the room. She had dark brown hair with streaks of gray through it and blue eyes that always gave her away. She only looked stern but she had the heart of an angel.

My sister stood at the front of the room with Madame Markova. Something only done during announcments. The eldest ballerina in our school Jane sat down looking cross. As Jane usually was. She was a student from England and hated Russian culture. The only reasons she was here was because her father had moved to Russia when she was 13.

"I as you know have chossen the parts for The Nutcracker and I choose them carefully. Annika,Mashka,Valentina please come up here."

Mashka,Valentina,and I rushed to our legs. We were frightened. Madame Markova rarely called students to the front.

"I am pleased to announce Annika as The sugar plum fairy,Mashka as Marzipan,and Valentina as Clara. Congratulations girls. You will be dancing for the tsar of all Russia!"

Hands clapped and I felt my face flush in joy. A grinning Andrey looked at me from the doorway and I grinned back. Katya just took one look at Andrey and shook her head and smiled. It was a great honor. I couldn't wait. Even though I hadn't gotten the part of Clara I had still gotten a main part! I would also get to dance in the party scene. I pushed all jelousy aside that Valentina had the part of Clara.

"Annika!" Andey was waving his hands at me calling me over to him. I laughed at how silly he looked. It seemed like everyone's family who could come did. It was like a celebration! Katya and Igorek were quietly talking in a corner. I was apparent he was in love with her and she with him. For their eyes seemed to scream it. I laughed. Katya looked so grown up! I went over to Andrey and was greeted by a smile as wide as Russia itself.

"You got a main part Tanstor!" He said smiling.

"Da. I did! Isn't it lovely!" I felt like spinning around the room!

"Yes it is! I will HAVE to watch The Nutcracker now that you are in it." He said with a smile.

"Oh Andrey you were coming anyway you goose!"

"Yes. You caught me there. Are you going to the ball with Katya?" The words seemed to spring out unkown.

"Of course not Andrey. You know I do not go to balls."

"You should sometime...." His voice trailed off and he seemed to jump when his father called him.

"I wonder what that was about...." I said under my breath. It wasn't like Andrey to act strangly. I just shrugged my shoulders and went into one of the practice rooms to practice.

It was about midnight when the fight broke out in the streets. We were all told to stay inside the ballet while two of the male dancers went to see what was happening. I have to say I was frightened to death.

The two men came back in and shook their heads. The fight had been about revolution. One man loyal to the tsar the other not. The one loyal had died. Some girls cried and Madame Markova shook her head.

"Revolution? There will be no such thing! Not in Russia!" She said and went back to her room. I prayed she was right. She had to be right. Russia was too powerful to have a revolution. Or so I thought.

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading! I love all the comments and am thankful to those who are helping make this possible!

Giselle.

Nyet means No :)