Chapter 1

Lexi's Pov.

''Lexi, come on, dear. You are going to be late for school.'' My mother said while opening the curtains in my room.

"Urghh.. Fine. I am up, Mom. No need to be loud, " I said, irritated. I have never liked it when people woke me up. I want to live in a world without alarms. Everyone should wake up when their bodies are ready for it.

''O-okay.'' She looked taken but covered it with a smile before leaving my room.

I got up from the bed and did my usual routine, getting ready for school. I curled my hair to give it some wave because I have the most straight black hair ever. I like my hair the way it is, but I look like a little child when I don't style it. I wore a blue spaghetti dress, which matched my eye color. I started doing my makeup by applying some mascara on my lashes and blush to give my white face a little color.

I will be 18 next week, and I have never liked parties. It's the age when you feel like an adult for the first time. It gives you courage, feeling like you can conquer the world. But for my mother, turning 18 is an excuse to have a stupid party and get drunk, like she doesn't drink all the time.

Gabby is my best friend and thinks having a big party is cool because it is fun for her. The problem is neither Gabby nor my mother asks my opinion. They both always plan everything for me, and I need to be there and do as I was told.

Gabby is a confident African American girl with gorgeous brown curly hair and green eyes. Despite being bossy, she is the kind of person who is there for you, for the better and for the worse. I trust her with all of my being because I know she would never hurt me intentionally.

My other best friend, Lucas, is never on my side about anything. And he always takes sides with Gabby, which is acceptable, knowing that he has been in love with Gabby since we were five. It confuses me that he acts like a playboy around Gabby when, in reality, he is head over heels for her. Lucas is a handsome boy with brown wavey hair and brown eyes. He can have any girl he wants, but apparently, not Gabby.

Then there is my boyfriend, Mike. He has been my boyfriend for three years, and I think he is the one. He is one of the guys who is always there for you, no matter the consequences. He always makes me feel like the only girl in the world. His amazing blonde hair and blue eyes are to die for.

I walked down the stairs hurriedly and kissed my mother goodbye before leaving the house. She can be unstable and alcoholic, but I understand her, and it doesn't make me stop loving her.

Mike was waiting for me in his Ford, and his face lit up when he saw me approaching. I sat in the passenger seat and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

''I am sorry I am late,'' I said like a baby, hoping he would let it go. He chuckled and said ''As usual.'' I frowned at him.

"I am not always late. There are times when I am precisely on time." I tried to believe this lie. Mike didn't say anything and smiled at me with a knowing look.

''I have sent my application to the University of London,'' Mike said.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. London has always been my dream, as has living and studying there. I have always wanted to be a fashion designer. When you say fashion, three cities come to mind: New York, Paris, and London. I never knew why, but I have always felt that Europe would be better for me and that I would be happier there. And Mike decided to come with me.

''I hope both of us will get accepted,'' I told him.

''You are an intelligent woman, baby. I'm sure you will get accepted. And I am so happy to have you as my girlfriend. I love you so much.'' He said.

''I love you more,'' I said, with tears in my eyes.

Hector's Pov.

I'm furious at my mother.

I've thousands of men in my order, and I can control all of them. But I can't control my mother.

The thing she has done without my consent is out of the line. And I, Hector Diego Chavez, can do anything I want. It would happen in a second; however, I could not do anything to rectify what my mother had done.

Leading the most prominent crime organization in America and most of Europe is a piece of cake compared to my mother.

Mexican women are kind, funny, and dangerous at the same time.

''Easy there, amigo. That is a punching bag, not your enemy,'' said Fabio.

I realized I was punching the bad too hard when Fabio mentioned it. He is my best man since we were very young. I trust him with my life, but still, he knows his boundaries and does not cross them. He is aware of the consequences.

"It looks like you want to be punched in the face, Amigo," I told Fabio.

''No, thank you, honey.'' He said with a wink and a smirk on his face.

I stalked towards him, causing him to step backward with his hands in the air, surrendering.

''What do you want Fabio? I'm busy, as you can see.'' I said, irritated, and turned away.

''Your strip club in New York was attacked last night. All men are dead, and the money is gone.'' He said, looking worried.

That was what I loved the most about Fabio. He doesn't beat around the bush and comes to the straight point.

''Prepare the plane.'' I ordered to Fabio.

In this world, your men mean family. They protect me, and I defend them in return. If someone hurt one of my men, then I will kill whoever did it without hesitation.

The good thing is I am in the mood for a good fight. The bad thing is that I am not going to leave anyone alive.

 The bad thing is that I am not going to leave anyone alive