{13. Weird Arguments & First Recordings}

Start bij het begin

I smirk a little while looking at them. Ashton's face lights up, seeing I agree with him.

"See?! I've actually got a girl on my side. Girls care about this, so I've got no fucking idea why you do." He says, and laughs at himself.

"I actually do not care at all...soo..."

"Nevermind that then!" Ashton shouts, and throws his hands into the air while still smiling. This time I laugh for real, and they all join in. Is this what it's going to be the whole time I'm with these boys? If so, I want to do this for a long time. They make me feel like I belong, somehow.

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

After waiting a little bit, it was my time to take my turn in the recording booth. I was very scared, but even more excited. This is the reason we came here.

The boys made me feel better about it, of course. Calum told me to picture him in his underwear if I was scared, Luke was normal and told me good luck, Michael told me about his first time in the recording studio, ("The guy asked me if I was planning on brushing my hair or my teeth today, and I was just thinking 'shit, I already fucked up'").

And Ashton...well...

"Good luck, Kal, even though I already know you'll blow them away." He says, and I face him. He smiles, which makes me smile, and takes my hands again.

"Is that an instinct of yours?" I ask inquiringly, gesturing to his hands.

He laughs that corny little laugh, and says "I guess so, you could call it that. Or I just like to do it."

I was taken out of the room by then, and left with a bunch of unanswered questions. Is he doing this because he wants to use me, or because he sincerely likes me? I still don't have an answer; celebrities aren't always that promising in love. You could not even know a celebrity for a year and already have a divorce with them by September. I've seen it before, many times.

Now I'm in the studio, a giant set of headphones covering my ears and a big foam microphone hanging down from the ceiling, halfway blocking my view. They are all looking at me from the other side of the glass, anxious of what I'll sound like and if they'll like what they hear.

They make me sing random lines from songs that I don't know, and I think I'm doing pretty well. I follow along to the sounds in the headphones, holding my hands over them and closing my eyes so I could concentrate.

When I open them again, I look at the boys. All of their faces radiate happiness on them. Luke, Michael, Calum...

Wait.

When I look at Ashton's face, it's not him. I blink twice, but I see the same thing. A smirk - an evil smirk - was on his face that was definitely not him. He looked like a completely different person. But then I realize something.

His face, looks just like - no, it is - the face of the boy who bullied me at school.

I gasp and look away as quick as I can. When I look back up, everyone in the room was looking at me as if I had lost my mind.

"What?" I ask, politely, completely confused. What did I do?

They look confused too, but the one person that looked the most confused was Ashton. He looked normal again. I snap out of it again and hear a snicker from the back of the small room.

"Well alright then! Sing this one octave higher, would ya?"

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

I finish singing another song, when the music stops and they look all ready to go home from outside the glass. Man, it's been a long day.

"Alright Kallie, that's all we need to hear!" The man at the front of the sound system, who I found out his name is Eric, says and stands up from his chair, along with the rest of his crew. I take a long breath, smile, and open the door into the room. They were all smiling at me.

Did I do good?

Adam stands up in front of me.

"Hey! You did great!" He shouts, and tackles me in a friendly hug. I've noticed that I've gotten close to him and the boys in these past couple of days. I mentally do a happy dance in my head, that's great news. The only thing I wished for at that moment was to be offered a record deal at no other label but this one.

"Do I get a hug?" Someone asks from behind. I let go of Adam and whip my head around. It's Calum. I smile, laugh, and wrap my arms around his waist. For some reason, it feels just like the hugs Will give me when he leaves off for college. He acts like him a lot.

From the corner of my eye, I see Ashton walking over in my general direction, that familiar gleam in his eyes.

I was just hallucinating.

"You did really good back there," he says, but a lot less enthusiastic then before. There must be something wrong. But I still can't get over the image in my head of him back in the recording booth.

I don't respond - I'm too stunned - so he just walks away. His arm brushes against mine in the process, and I jerk mine back as fast as possible. Oh god, that was rude.

"Sorry," I say, embarrassed. He doesn't say a word back.

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

Ooh ello

I'm back again

I leave a lot don't i

But yeah heres a new chapter I'm vvv sorry I haven't updated but ive been updating my other book Changing Tide soo if you want you can go check that out I'm almost done with it now lol

++ do nOT FORGET to follow my twitter for wattpad which is @/HiOrHey1Dwp

I give out book s/o's and maybe will be doing some book reviews on there ^_^

That video on the side is just for pure enjoyment because c'mon who doesn't LOVE Lashton playing Cards Against Humanity

Oh god schools coming up again

Rip

Never give up (no matter what),

-shannon-