18. Ariadne

I walk up to my room and pull out my laptop, I start writing.

RE: Dark Hollow Academy this weekend

Professor Hypatia,

I was in contact with Nienna and Marcus yesterday and we talked about the events that have been happening at the academy. I spoke to my parents and I think this weekend would be a great time to make friends and spend time with them. I talked to Marcus and I heard he is housing a lot of the students without homes at the treehouse this weekend and he said there was more than enough space for me stay. I understand there should be a flight arriving here in the afternoon so I was wondering if I would be able to come back and stay at the treehouse. I understand these are stressful times and I really just want to be with my friends.

I opened the first box yesterday and that was

What was it? Enlightening? Confusing? I sit staring at the computer wondering what to write.

I opened the first box yesterday and that was, well I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I am sure you have a vague idea about what is going on and I will follow the rules that were partially explained in the letter that came with it.

If it would be okay with you, then please just let me know and I will head out to the airport.

Thank you,

Ariadne.

I send my email, I wonder if Marcus would really just be okay with me showing up?

Ariadne:

Hey girlie! I have a question and a favor to ask!!!

Nienna:

Of course what's up?

Ariadne:

I know this is going to sound very strange.... I was wondering if you know if Marcus would be okay with me?

Nienna:

I'm sure he would, why don't you just ask?

Ariadne:

I want to... Surprise him.

Nienna:

OOOOOOOOOO :) I'm sure he would be fine with it! I just spoke to Orion and he says he is cool with it (don't worry he won't tell Marcus) :)

Ariadne:

I haven't gotten a reply from Professor Hypatia get but I will let you know when it's final? Then maybe you could get me from the airport?

Nienna:

OF COURSE :) I'm sure Professor Hypatia will be okay with it. I MISS YOU <3

I smile and walk upstairs to see Kika packing her bag, "Are you doing okay?" I ask as I sit down next to her. "Yes, I'm fine. Boys are jerks." I hear a hint of sadness in her voice but at the same time it really does seem like she is getting over it. I grab her and we awkwardly cuddle on the floor, just lying on top of each other. "You know I miss you right? When I'm away at school." I say and he turns to look at me, "I know you do but look!" She shows me her phone and I see a photo of me sticking my tongue out as the display picture on her phone. I smile.

We sit in silence as she packs in her room and I pack in mine across the hall, the loud music blasts from her room across the hallway into mine and we are little child's again. We never needed to sit in the same room to be close; we always had a way of just being there for each other. I love her. I don't know if we are biologically related but that will never change anything between us.

BING

I look down at my phone to see an email.

RE: Dark Hollow Academy this weekend