Chapter 25

"Cheryl...is this true?" JB had asked, holding the paper right in front of me.

His brown eyes looked upset and I've done that to him. I tried not to breakdown or act the victim. Because I never cheated on JB and would never dream of it. In fact I've never cheated on anybody. They all just seemed to move on from me when I was still madly in love with them.

I looked back up at the paper. It was open to the article. I saw the headline again in bold, capital letters.

"Cheryl Cheatez-Versini. Has The Wifey Found A New Beau?"

I finally decided to speak.
"Look, Jean, that's not true. You know he tried to force himself on me!"
"But it says that you looked very attracted to him."
"Hang on man, gimme that!" I snatched the paper out of his hands.

To me, I didn't look very 'attracted' at all. Just terrified. "I was scared, JB! Scared! I don't look like I'm enjoying it one bit! This is why I say that you don't read the papers because it's full of bull****!" I protested, knowing I was right.

Why has my life turned into such total confusing hell that even my husband is taking me for a joke?

F*** this, I'm going to sleep.

I went upstairs, brushed my teeth, washed all my makeup off, changed into my pyjamas and jumped into bed, even thought it was only 7pm.

I am not dealing with this s*** now, I thought as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I am out. Buh-bye!

..........

"Cheryl?" I felt someone shaking the hell out of me, ugh, "Chezza, wake up!" I flipped onto the floor.
"Ow, what the f***?!" I snapped, looking up to see my little brother, Garry. "What was f*** was that for man?"
"Sorry, Cheryl, Hilary told me to get you. We need to get to a meeting."
"Ugh, what could it possibly be about now?" I rolled me eyes.

I can get pretty moody in the morning when someone wakes me up.

"Well, she said that JB and you are gonna move to Spain after X Factor and your album release?"
"France, you numpty, man! Yeah I am. I won't be too long, now get out." I shooed him away with a smirk to get up and get ready.

I groggily walked to my closet and some shoes ready for when I got out the shower. I let the running water wake me up ever so gradually. I then, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth and got dressed in a white turtleneck top, grey bootcut jeans and black ankle boots with a short, black leather jacket that I threw over my shoulders. I slid my diamond wedding & engagement ring on my finger, admiring the beauty as I did so nearly every morning. I then remembered what happened last night.

JB doesn't trust me anymore and he thinks I cheated on him.

How could I forget that?

I chucked on a chunky necklace to at least look a bit more decent, grabbed my sunglasses, my purse and my keys. As JB wasn't at bed and I didn't have time, let alone wanted to, to talk to him, I scribbled a quick note before running out the door.

Garry stood there laughing. "What?"
"Nothing." He smirked, "Let's go."

We stepped into my car and we drove to the record company building for Polydor, which was my label. Garry being my PA, he peered up and down the street for any paps coming our way. For once, the coast was clear and we walked inside.

Lily, Sundraj, Hilary and Beth were standing there outside the meeting room. Each had a different expression to each other. Lily cheerful, Hilary was dead serious, Beth looked mad & Sundraj looked a bit sad.