Chapter 6

I woke up feeling new from last night, I was buzzing! I got up and went to the bathroom, JB was still peacefully sleeping on the other side of the kingsize bed. I glanced at myself in the mirror. Usually, I would always be able to find one imperfection of myself. But today, I was glowing was happiness.

I then remembered what happened yesterday.

Ashley.

Cinema.

Grabbing on my sides.

I put pressure on my hips and they were still painful to touch. I remembered the days of our marriage when we would have fights about his cheating scandals and sometimes I had bruises from hard punches or horrible pain while walking or moving my limbs as they felt useless to me. Ashley is pretty strong, being a footballer and all. My mood immediately sunk below me and now I could see all my ugly parts of my body again. My confidence went back down and I was shocked at the complete mood change just by my thoughts. That's how much Ashley affects me now. And I'm terrible at getting over things like this.

"Cheryl, you've got to stop being stupid and deal with yourself!" I snapped at myself.

"But I can't! It still hurts us. I'm only human."

Just that second, I thought of an idea for a song for my new album. I was excited again! Why am I like this? I ask myself in thought. I finished getting washed and dressed and head downstairs. I saunter to the kitchen. JB isn't awake yet so I had toast with only butter. I wasn't too hungry. I then go on my phone and check Twitter to see what the soldiers are doing. I smiled as I saw all their comments about how amazing, talented and perfect I was.

But the thing was, I wasn't perfect, nobody's perfect. It's not like I'm some robot. I am only human ya know. The line again." I should start writing songs for the album!" I squealed.

I decided to ring Lily.

"Hey, Chezza, how you doing?"

"Guess what?"

"What, Cheryl, What?"

"I just thought of writing a song today for the album."

"That's great! You seem happier than I expected with the Ashley thing and all."

"Wait, what? You already knew before I was going to tell you?" I asked in shock once again.

"Y-yes. Haven't you read the paper today. It's all over the covers of 'The Sun'!"

"Damn, those paps are scum." I said almost under my breath, trying not to cuss.

"I know, Cheryl. But apparently... you kissed him."

"F*** off! Why would I cheat on me husband with me ex, Lily?"

"That's deffo not true then...but what's this song going to be about?"

"Sorry. Well, you know when people say how perfect I am? Even I'm only human."

"Don't worry about it. Good idea! Should I call Will for you?"

"Please! I can't wait, Lily!"

"Ok, well I'll see you later, Chezza."

"Bye, Lils!"

Oh god, I'm everywhere today! One minute I'm thinking of Ashley, the next I'm in the papers again, and now I'm writing a new song for my album. This is crazy. But I'm used to it.

I got a text from Lily, saying that I meet with Will at 11:30 and to not be late. I don't want to be late. Even if Ashley ruined the day yesterday, it's not ruining today, I thought with determination. Wow, I should think like that more often.

It's 11:15 so I scribble a note for JB when he wakes up saying I was in the studio, rushed to the car and drove off. I met Lily and my little brother, Garry, with Will.

"Hey, Cheryl!" Will cheered in a bear hug.

"Hi, Will!" I greeted back.

"Chezza!" Garry said, giving me another hug.

"Gazza!" I say back, hugging him. I missed my cheeky little brother a lot.

"Hey, you forgot about me then, Cheryl?" Lily waved pretending to be upset.

"Oh, of course not, Lils!" I ran to her and hugged her. I was excited to do some writing today!

I followed Will to the studio and felt at home already. I got given some paper and a pen and let my feelings of imperfections out...

I've been holding out

For some silver in the clouds

And it just gets dark

It just gets hard to see

Well you told me go for broke

You go first, I'll hold the rope

And make your way down to solid ground with me

"What d'you think?" I handed him my writing so far, hoping it's good. I mean this is Will.i.am we're talking about and he's killer at writing himself. He looks at it with a smile.

"This is great, Cheryl." He complimented to my relief. I jotted some more lines...

You are the universe

Do you see it, do you feel it hurt

Only energy

Stressing over what we're worth

It's only love

It's only dust

Making up the two of us

And we all fall down

You're only human

You're only human

"Wow." Will said as he peeked at my lyrics. "We should definitely record this for the album, Cheryl!"

"Really?"

"It's awesome. Your soliders are gonna love it!" He and I beamed. We both punched the air with our fists and screamed.

"Yes!" We didn't mean to say at the same time, ya know! "JINX!" We roared together with a high five. I wrote the rest of the song, my mind full of inspiration. I couldn't wait to record it. I felt as if I was glowing like the sun - the ball of light.