Don't Call It A Comeback

I was never much of a scout. I'd always tie the wrong knot, touch the wrong leaves, get lost in the woods and draw skunks to the camp. Never one to really lead in any big way and I guess my life speaks to that now. I felt my luck trying to change, in a bad way – as usual.

In the beginning she wanted me gone but then forced me to stay. Downright confusing dames are. If they aren't damsels in distress then they're hard cases with guns and that doesn't seem right to me.

"You did promise."

"You did pull me back in."

"What are you doing?"

"Telling the story."

"Well make it clean and clear, will ya."

"You mean dry and boring?"

"Do it ya big lug!"

"You know what...Men want gentleness."

"If you will recall the bank robbery in which I hand delivered the robber to the police."

"You threw the robber through the plate glass window and he landed right at the feet of the cops. Come on, that guy couldn't even pronounce his name."

"I didn't break his neck did I?"

"Men want sweetness."

"Sweets for the sweet. I had a lollipop in my mouth, like the sweet gal that I am."

"If I remember correctly, you removed the sucker from your pretty little lips to spit curses and foul language at a man that was unconscious."

"Men want beauty...a thing of perfection."

"A center shot like a bulls-eye on the back of a gunner's head, it doesn't get any more beautiful than that. I suggest you get on with it, since the story has changed hands.

"Gladly!"

It was nearing midnight; we'd got all the information out of Wes that we could get. In his drunkenness he decided to follow us and then give us the slip when he caught word of a special poker game. When we finally caught up with him, we saw him pouting in the corner instead of sitting at the table. Sam saw a long legged Johnny sitting with his mistress of the night and decided to ask questions.

"Cut...cut...that was not a Johnny and his mistress! That was a well-known respectable man and his wife! For the sake of my life, just stick to the story."

"I'm trying to add some flair and color here."

"Just keep it straight in black and white, please."

"Don't shake your head at me, I can spin a good yarn."

"Did you just laugh at yourself? You're fired!"

"Whaat? No...come on just give me a chance. Please?"

"Alright, but get it together."

"Great!"

We took in the atmosphere see....to make sure we weren't being tailed see...

"What did I say? No flair, black and white. What are you doing?"

"Like Segal...yeah?"

"No."

"Wetookintheatmospheretomakesureweweren'tbeingtailed."

"What are you doing?"

"Tellingthestoryinthemostboringwaypossiblecausethat'swhatyouwant."